Author Topic: Texas school has it RIGHT for child safety in school!!  (Read 2054 times)

Offline 0dark30

• Nubbie
Texas school has it RIGHT for child safety in school!!
« on: Dec 19, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »
This is the place I want my kids to go to school!! We here in New England need to start knocking on the doors or our schools and protecting our kids. I would be willing to pay for the firearms and the training for my local teachers if we could get the town and state of Maine to approve this. Sorry my rant for the morning. Am new to this site and am LOVING it!!http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/harrold-texas-school-guns_n_2316729.html

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Texas school has it RIGHT for child safety in school!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2012, 11:13:18 AM »
I like both ideas....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

FrankM

« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »
I have been thinking a lot about the horrible massacres we have recently witnessed. We really need to examine ourselves now and be truly honest as to what is really the problem and what is the best solution for a FREE people.  You are going to hear a lot of people crying to the government to solve this problem and make us all safe.  Guess who is to blame for these tragedies?  As Pogo once said "we have met the enemy and he is us".  And I have my finger pointing at myself as well.  We all want to rely on soldiers and policemen to make us "safe".  That is nothing but laziness on our part (again my fingers are pointing at myself as well). There is no way the government can be everywhere at all times to protect us from every lunatic that pops up.  We would never want to live under such a government if it were possible.  A real solution for helping us to be more safe (it will never be perfect) is contained right in the words of our second amendment:
"A well regulated (meaning trained) militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."  Every able bodied adult in this country should be trained how to defend his or her self.  In Israel military service is mandatory.  I am 55 years old and when I turned 18 in 1975 we had just eliminated the draft.  I never joined the service and looking back I wish I would have.  I own guns and bows and am a fair marksman but that in no way qualifies or enables me to adequately defend myself or my family from attack.  I would like to think I could,  but I have had no training to enable me to deal with dangerous situations.  When seconds count,  you can count on the police to be there in minutes so I think we would be much better off if we were better prepared to take care of ourselves.  I am sorry that I was too lazy and selfish to serve my country when I was young and I say God bless anyone who has enlisted and served.  I would humbly suggest that every able bodied American be required to enlist for 2 years minimum in some form of military service or state militia and be thorougly trained in weopons use, self defense and first aid.  I think this would go a long way in promoting our safety and ensuring our freedom.  Remember, Hitler confiscated all the guns and then instituted the Gestapo and SS in order to make all Germans "safe". 
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2012, 12:29:04 PM by FrankM »

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »
I have been thinking a lot about the horrible massacres we have recently witnessed. We really need to examine ourselves now and be truly honest as to what is really the problem and what is the best solution for a FREE people.  You are going to hear a lot of people crying to the government to solve this problem and make us all safe.  Guess who is to blame for these tragedies?  As Pogo once said "we have met the enemy and he is us".  And I have my finger pointing at myself as well.  We all want to rely on soldiers and policemen to make us "safe".  That is nothing but laziness on our part (again my fingers are pointing at myself as well). There is no way the government can be everywhere at all times to protect us from every lunatic that pops up.  We would never want to live under such a government if it were possible.  A real solution for helping us to be more safe (it will never be perfect) is contained right in the words of our second amendment:
"A well regulated (meaning trained) militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."  Every able bodied adult in this country should be trained how to defend his or her self.  In Israel military service is mandatory.  I am 55 years old and when I turned 18 in 1975 we had just eliminated the draft.  I never joined the service and looking back I wish I would have.  I own guns and bows and am a fair marksman but that in no way qualifies or enables me to adequately defend myself or my family from attack.  I would like to think I could,  but I have had no training to enable me to deal with dangerous situations.  When seconds count,  you can count on the police to be there in minutes so I think we would be much better off if we were better prepared to take care of ourselves.  I am sorry that I was too lazy and selfish to serve my country when I was young and I say God bless anyone who has enlisted and served.  I would humbly suggest that every able bodied American be required to enlist for 2 years minimum in some form of military service or state militia and be thorougly trained in weopons use, self defense and first aid.  I think this would go a long way in promoting our safety and ensuring our freedom.  Remember, Hitler confiscated all the guns and then instituted the Gestapo and SS in order to make all Germans "safe".
              I don't think we have to resort to the German philosophy, I have a friend that lives in Germany, he can own a gun, but has to keep it @ the police station, If he could afford to hunt there, you get your gun, go hunt on a preserve, then take your gun back @ the end of the day. Do you really want that? I don't, I want to keep my gun in my house w/me.

Offline 0dark30

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2012, 02:19:49 PM »
              I don't think we have to resort to the German philosophy, I have a friend that lives in Germany, he can own a gun, but has to keep it @ the police station, If he could afford to hunt there, you get your gun, go hunt on a preserve, then take your gun back @ the end of the day. Do you really want that? I don't, I want to keep my gun in my house w/me.
I think that was Franks point, we don't want that at all! I like the Swedish theory instead every able bodied person is required to own a gun and have ammo and know how to use it!! The Japanese wouldn't attack mainland USA then they struck Pearl Harbor because they said "There is a GUN behind every blade of grass" We need to get back to that way of life where normal American citizens are armed and willing to protect our kids, towns, states, and country! I know I am preaching to the choir on this site but boy I wish we could get the rest of the country to wake the hell up!

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2012, 03:59:25 PM »
Frank makes some very good points. If everyone had to be trained and served wouldn't we all be better for it. PLUS, just maybe, some of the NUTS would be weeded out. Put them on a list, not the gun owners....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal