Author Topic: My buck and his defeat/win!!!! My brag!!!  (Read 19554 times)

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
My buck and his defeat/win!!!! My brag!!!
« on: Oct 03, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »
Most of you dont know my sons history but he was born 652 grams not even a full pound so I have a huge brag.....One of a few braggin rights we all take for granted.............Anyways......my son has moderate cerebral palsy and was told he would never walk, talk, learn and the like....so he did walk and talk graduated high school with a regents diploma and gets around quite well but a bit  sloppy....he is now 21 and finally was released from doctors to try for his drivers license....Today was his test!  He passed and now is officially a licensed driver in NYS and I will say watch out.....one more mile stone to get a little more independant....now he has a car and OMG Im gonna crap now that he can go on his own!  Anyways we all get to brag a little and thought this was appropriate to add to this as he is my little buck and he has a few horns now..................Just thought I would do some bragging!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: My buck and his defeat/win!!!! My brag!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2011, 03:14:44 PM »
Congratulations, Can't imagine how proud and nervous you are. That's awesome that he's exceeding all the "experts" expectations and doing so well.

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2011, 03:16:07 PM »
that is an awesome story...congrats to you and good for him.

Luke

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
  • If the lead aint flyin, the backstrap aint fryin!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2011, 03:25:50 PM »
Congrats to you and him! Im sure it took alot of will power on both of your parts to conquer many of the obsticles  that he has!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2011, 03:33:42 PM »
That's Great Loony, That's a feel good story if I ever heard one.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2011, 04:29:10 PM »
That is so great...    Best news I have heard  in a long time.....    Congratulations to him and you.....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »
Congrats to you and your son on his accomplishments. I myself know of the long road small babies have in their life. I work for the NY state newborn screening program. It is a heck of a mile stone.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 03, 2011, 06:26:27 PM »
Stka - thanks a bunch and yes I am Sheetin in my pants right now he is out and about and its dark....even when i open my eyes its dark....lol
Boggie - thanks as well.........it is a feel good story and that is why I told it.....no one is around to share it with so I figured you guys would get a kick out of it.....
Johndeer - my son has a beast of a mother and this is why he beat the odds over all the obsticles and more to come I am sure thanks a ton
Luke - thanks to you as well - he is an awesome kid for the most part
Raquetteloon - best news I have had as well in quite some time.....great to know you guys appreciate a good story....even a sappy one...thanks a ton
Deposit - as you know these little guys struggle for the most part all of their lives...he is no exception.....hospital over 6 months ventilators, life support, feeding tubes, surgeries galor (he looks like a big road map of scars), and then having me be sick for the last year has been a task.....now he has a big mouth like other young men and his own personality I could swat once in a while along with his own license and car.....we sure our proud............as well as exasperated with is age......gladly we welcome the exasperation..

Thanks all ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2011, 06:34:02 PM »
Loonyone, I say kudos to him.  I am a Special Ed. teacher and I love it when my students accomplish things they were told they couldn't, I bet that same feeling must be multiplied by a 1,000,000 for you!
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Oct 03, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »
Thats great congrats to him. No worries I'm sure hes keeping the ride between the white and the yellow.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 03, 2011, 06:46:03 PM »
and drobs says no worries.........OMG I am crappin myself as we speak trying not to call or go look for him......UGH I HATE this....no actually I am so glad he is driving......gives me ton of free time to do more hunting instead of carting his carcass around all over......YIPPPEEEE

ADK then you know all to well what a struggle some accomplishments are............some are so small but so big when accomplished.....thanks for the kudos to him...he deserves it.....

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #11 on: Oct 03, 2011, 06:47:22 PM »
That is great! You have every right to be bragging! That is better than any buck could ever be!!!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Oct 03, 2011, 06:49:27 PM »
That is great! You have every right to be bragging! That is better than any buck could ever be!!!

well said....but ..........and i say but..................i still want a buck between the end of my gun and the ground..........thanks aquaass

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13 on: Oct 03, 2011, 06:51:11 PM »
LOL me too  ;)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14 on: Oct 03, 2011, 06:52:01 PM »
well said....but ..........and i say but..................i still want a buck between the end of my gun and the ground..........thanks aquaass

Did you just say I had a wet azz?  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal