Author Topic: Need Rain!  (Read 16887 times)

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
Re: Need Rain!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 21, 2015, 08:42:47 AM »
carrots, celery, garlic, onion, olive oil and vinegar.
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Oct 04, 2015, 01:52:55 PM »
hows the rain situation now? lol!

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 2015, 08:39:18 AM »
LOL!

Excellent! 1 day of rain and here is what I have :) Two types of chickens and two different colored hens.

And dinner was :

Now I start packing for NH !
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Oct 05, 2015, 12:41:12 PM »
LOL!

Excellent! 1 day of rain and here is what I have :) Two types of chickens and two different colored hens.

And dinner was :

NIce !

Now I start packing for NH !
My way of life

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Oct 06, 2015, 07:31:54 AM »
good luck on your trip!

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Oct 06, 2015, 09:12:25 AM »
Thanks Mooseslayer!

What type of mushrooms are you finding up your way right now? Any Hen of the woods? I think I am going to keep my eye open for some hens while I am on my trip, just not sure if they grow that for north...... I'm sure they do. Either way, I will definitely have a few bags handy just in case.
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Oct 16, 2015, 01:07:17 PM »
          Had my 1st hens last nite with burgers ,very good on the hunt for more now !!
My way of life

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Oct 18, 2015, 09:31:40 AM »
  Been out twice more now and cannot locate a single hen or chicken !!!! I did however find a bunch of blewits i believe doing a spore print now ,and possibly a batch of honeys ,gonna have a more knowledgable than me check em .Also found a lot of larger whitish cone/funnel shaped one unable to identify yet
My way of life

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Oct 20, 2015, 11:48:26 AM »
So far a great season for hens! Chickens were plenty as well. the last 4 seasons have been awful so its nice to have some dried hens for my stash! I will keep looking for more.
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Oct 20, 2015, 01:04:57 PM »
     well with the pictures I showed the guy he said honey so I went back to get them and set my pack down there is my 1st hen about 4 lbs pretty cool ! I am looking all the time now .do you find them in the woods more or like parks and cemetaries peoples yard and such as the guy I know does  The blewit ones he said no go even tho the spore print showed ok .
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2015, 01:06:54 PM by tcfish »
My way of life

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Oct 20, 2015, 03:20:14 PM »
Hens can honestly be anywhere. Surround your self with Oaks and Maples and you should stumble upon some. Not sure where you are from but this has been one of my better seasons in the last 8 years. Get'um while the getting is good.
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #26 on: Oct 23, 2015, 05:25:42 AM »
Hope to find more Oysters this weekend,opening of rifle up here tomorrow,i'll be deep in the beech and maples,hope to see a deer also....
lastweek I found 1 log full of greeny oysters...gooooood....

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Oct 23, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »
Hope to find more Oysters this weekend,opening of rifle up here tomorrow,i'll be deep in the beech and maples,hope to see a deer also....
lastweek I found 1 log full of greeny oysters...gooooood....

Good luck! I don't see them around here until late November. I spotted a few more hens so I am just giving them a few more days to mature. Other than hens, honeys, and oysters - everything else is gone until next year!

Anyone else finding anything?
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Oct 23, 2015, 06:01:06 PM »
Good luck! I don't see them around here until late November. I spotted a few more hens so I am just giving them a few more days to mature. Other than hens, honeys, and oysters - everything else is gone until next year!

Anyone else finding anything?
          haven't found any oysters here in maine yet !  what do you do with your honeys ?
My way of life

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Oct 26, 2015, 05:31:08 PM »
found about 4 lbs. of fall oysters last nov. looking for chaga. they were on a big old yellow birch frozen solid! looks like they came out and then flash froze before they could go bad. made for some good eats! gonna check that tree again soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal