Author Topic: Couple Bucks  (Read 1396 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Couple Bucks
« on: Oct 25, 2019, 06:38:22 AM »
Was going through pics and found a couple more bucks I never got around to posting a from a few years a couple years back when I wasn’t active on here and before my injury.

It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Couple Bucks
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2019, 06:43:33 AM »
Just a odd funky rack I had to share, had a definite leg injury. I think that was 2017 season

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2019, 06:45:27 AM »
That first one is beautiful and the second one  very unique. Both great memories I bet.
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2019, 01:47:50 PM »
Always a great memory, any hunt for that matter. Killing is not necissary but a great incentive for those of us who chase achieving new challenges and goals. I haven’t taken a deer under 2.5 yo in nh or Me in many years and I hope to keep improving on that while still basically filling most tags each season on limited time. Everyday I wake up with the same fire to improve. If I make it to retirement watch out  ;D

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2019, 02:02:44 PM »
I take a lot of pride knowing any northern New England and Northern Zone NY guy who is a well known outdoorsman can get dropped anywhere in the great US of A and thrive in the outdoors and if you took fellas from elsewhere and brought them here you’d hear crickets. I know there are guys who would laugh at my 2.5 yo deer minimum with a bow statement but wait until they came to this 3 deer a square mile stuff  ;D

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2019, 02:50:33 PM »
I take a lot of pride knowing any northern New England and Northern Zone NY guy who is a well known outdoorsman can get dropped anywhere in the great US of A and thrive in the outdoors and if you took fellas from elsewhere and brought them here you’d hear crickets. I know there are guys who would laugh at my 2.5 yo deer minimum with a bow statement but wait until they came to this 3 deer a square mile stuff  ;D

You are spot on and I couldn't have said it any better Frank. Sure, go ahead and look at the statistics for RI and they appear to be great and one of the best states to hunt in the northeast. Here is the thing, we sell more licenses than we actually have deer. Oh, and Block Island and Prudence account for statistics that should not count for the mainland deer herd that's available to the public to see...... strategic by the state!??!!? I think so!. To add to that, most of our deer are so well trained that they never step foot on our public lands. No doubt that if you have access to private land in RI you will see and shoot at a deer. Go on our public lands and its a trophy on its own to harvest anything.
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2019, 02:55:22 PM »
Exactly

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal