Author Topic: Which bow???????  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Mainegundog

• Spiked
Re: Which bow???????
« Reply #15 on: Aug 12, 2011, 10:45:31 AM »
What part of Maine?
The great city of Orland,In between Bangor and Bucksport and Ellsworth.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #16 on: Aug 12, 2011, 10:46:35 AM »
Welcome Mainegundog.

I would at least shoot an Elite before buying anything else. They have a lifetime transferable warranty as well.

Offline Mainegundog

• Spiked
« Reply #17 on: Aug 12, 2011, 10:52:10 AM »
Thanks guys!Doesnt seem to be many PSI guys here.Your info has been a great help,gonna concetrate my searh on Hoyt and bowtech I believe.I an very excited to bow hunt,another reason to be in the woods allthough it used to work out well I would troll all sept and oct now I gotta choose :P.I am tying the knot up to Rangeley on sept 17 which kinda throws a wrench into my expanded archery game,Guess I will miss a few opening days as the new wifey wants a honet moon that does not involve 3 labs,hunting or fishing or going to camp in Bingham :'(But she gives me free run after that......I think. :P

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #18 on: Aug 12, 2011, 05:12:52 PM »
Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, Bride and I got hitched at camp then waited 5 years for a honeymoon, went to Old forge NY Ice fishing with a bunch of guy's and gal's from here. ;D ;D Made a bunch of good friends that weekend.  ;)  I have a camp in Burlington.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline walleymaster96

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Aug 12, 2011, 07:46:10 PM »
mission craze my mom has it it shoots really fast its quiet and only 28 inches Axel to Axel

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #20 on: Aug 13, 2011, 09:37:14 AM »
if i had my choice i would prefer a pse,but as it stands my brother and i share a bow its a martin something.its pretty old but it does get the job done.i'v got 2 bucks with it and my brother has gotten 2 doe.i'm hoping to get my own bow this year but i'm not getting my hopes up
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline Mainegundog

• Spiked
« Reply #21 on: Aug 13, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »
Well I passed my 10 hour bow saftey course today ;D.And I have decided to get a PSI Stinger 70#.I know it is a fast boat but I want something to cary through a few years.Now all I have to do is Figure out what want for aces :P.Now I have to find a good shop to set me up.i know alot of you guys will say old town archery...but I am not a big fan of the owner,I had my class there today and after asked about a bow and he was pretty rude to me so i will go elsewhere.Gonna try a shop in Newport.Thanks for all the tips.

Offline saranacjoe

• Forked
« Reply #22 on: Aug 16, 2011, 01:01:34 PM »
shoot a cheap entry model hoyt. They are still bullet proof. Probably a little more than a PSE but well worth it. Keep in mind I am a hoyt guy too. There powerhawk model or something might do you well. I have a Katera.
I shoot the powerhawk and love it. Really want to get the carbon Element but wife said she would shoot me with it  ;D
" Follow your passion and success will follow you"-Arthur Buddhold

Offline hookon

• Nubbie
« Reply #23 on: Aug 23, 2011, 05:28:50 PM »
I was shooting a pse thunderbolt for the last 10 yrs.and went to a pse  vendetta. I've worked in bow shop for 6 yrs. And I've drawn back some bows in my time.

Offline quackersmasher

• Spiked
  • Load up and let the good times fly
« Reply #24 on: Aug 24, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
Cant go wrong with the pse, been bow hunting ten years and never would enter the woulds without my pse
If it flies it dies. Shoot now identify later.

Offline hookon

• Nubbie
« Reply #25 on: Aug 24, 2011, 12:14:37 PM »
Couldn't agree more with you

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #26 on: Aug 24, 2011, 01:30:54 PM »
Hey...video it and send it in to I Shot IT With MY PSE!!!  Never know, you might be on TV!!

Offline danpshack

• Nubbie
« Reply #27 on: Aug 24, 2011, 01:41:09 PM »
Buy a used mathews...all the bells and whistles without the sticker shock, kind of like a used car with 20k miles.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal