Author Topic: question about replica fish mount (updated with picture)  (Read 5358 times)

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
question about replica fish mount (updated with picture)
« on: Jul 24, 2011, 05:38:12 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just found an old picture of a native brook trout i caught years ago and wish i had the fish mounted. i think it was 17 1/2 inches long . the picture is not the best quality but i was wondering if a replica mount could be made? anyone have any advice on replica mounts?
here is a picture of the picture
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2011, 08:54:29 PM by eyehi »

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
Re: question about replica fish mount
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2011, 06:14:32 AM »
I would recommend going to a taxi that does alot of the species you want done.  They will have more experience with how to paint your fish...    Mike Vickerson  Adirondack Wildlife Studios  in the Adirondacks could do you a real nice replica   he knows his brook trout  ;)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2011, 07:20:21 AM »
Second that comment!!

Offline hooknhunter

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just found an old picture of a native brook trout i caught years ago and wish i had the fish mounted. i think it was 17 1/2 inches long . the picture is not the best quality but i was wondering if a replica mount could be made? anyone have any advice on replica mounts?

You don't need anything to make a replica.  You can tell them what you want and they can make it.
Keep your gunpowder dry and your fishing hooks wet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal