MHF US Northwest > Hunting Wyoming
Sooooo, unit 157
(1/2) > >>
oneloveforchi:
I'm New here on the site.....I decided to apply for unit 157 for deer this year. I have a few points built up so I'm sure I'll draw. Anyhow I know there is a lot of private land. I do plan on scouting it pretty hard and learn the boundaries, talk to landowners and so forth once I know I draw out. But in the meantime, if there is anyone that can offer advise on the area, kind of point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.
Raquettedacker:
Welcome to the site and good luck on the draw....
wyo969:
I think if I were you id get permission and have some ground to hunt before you go and draw the tag. Be a real bummer to draw it and not have any ground to hunt on.
oneloveforchi:
Yeah it would be a bummer. But I have mapped out the land I can hunt. I guess I'll just have to find out when I go up to scout it out. It will be an adventure either way, I'm excited
fish/hunt4ever:
I live right here in riverton and drive through the area quite a bit, since the game and fish let out a ton of tags a few years ago the deer population has been down, which the land owners like, but not a lot of the land owners give permission to hunt the land either, a couple guides have a bunch locked up for their clients.  The white tail population crashed a couple years ago with blue tongue, but now it is starting to come back some.  A good buck is around 120 inches for a mulie and around 100 inches for a whitetail.  A couple weeks and the game and fish are having their meetings to tell us how many tags they are giving out for each area and any changes to the regulations.  Early is good to hunt, but the corn in the fields can keep the deer on the private, late is good if the rut starts and pulls some of the big boys off the reservation, but hit or miss. Good luck on the draw, I know of a few guys putting in this year.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version