Author Topic: Mossy Oak Obsession or Infinity  (Read 8047 times)

Offline Clamwrangler

• Spiked
Mossy Oak Obsession or Infinity
« on: Mar 15, 2013, 09:34:04 AM »
been looking at these 2 camo patterns for turkey hunting. Leaning towards obsession due to colors. Infinity looks like it would be used more for deer hunting. in the fall. what would your preference be? my first year spring tukey hunting and want a camo pattern to conseal me good
learning to hunt one animal at a time

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
Re: Mossy Oak Obsession or Infinity
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2013, 09:42:13 AM »
been looking at these 2 camo patterns for turkey hunting. Leaning towards obsession due to colors. Infinity looks like it would be used more for deer hunting. in the fall. what would your preference be? my first year spring tukey hunting and want a camo pattern to conseal me good

I think most camos work well, it's movement that you have to be careful of.

Peddler  8)  8)  8)
Peddler

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2013, 10:03:24 AM »
Obsession "looks" better for Spring hunting to the human eye with more green in it, but to the animals I don't think it matters; like Peddler says its the movement. With turkeys you want to make sure everything is covered: facemask, gloves, no white socks showing, etc. I use the same assortment of camo as in the Fall depending on the weather.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2013, 10:31:31 AM »
I like the obsession for spring and early fall but like they said idk if it matters. For turkey sudden movement is a no no. I'm goin to disagree with captjj I don't think you need a face mask I just recently started wearing one but never did before and I have killed more birds without one then with.  Actually I killed my biggest bird a few years ago with dark brown carhart pants on and a camo fleece on my way To work one morning.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2013, 12:17:55 PM »
Never said you need to wear a face mask or couldn't kill a bird without one.  ::)
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »
get a bushy suit..........I can assure you that you will be concealed and maybe to well....I ought to know.......I am the turkey's landing pad...........lol

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2013, 12:35:29 PM »
But this is a web site and someone has to be the best of the best you know......I have had birds pick me out at a good distance when caught without a face mask on....Have wondered how many were coming in silent and saw me with out one, and I never knew they were there....Just a good idea to be covered....why wonder what if ....And movement is key to success.....no matter what camo pattern...

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »
The ultimate keyboard hunter there is one on  every site. Lol.  I know a lot of people that swear by the guile suite not really my style and you know you gotta look good for the turkeys and deer when you go out there.   

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2013, 01:46:50 PM »
no keyboard hunter here..........I rather get out than sit on my can and type.......what is a keyboard hunter anyways lol

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2013, 02:00:58 PM »
One that puts "Pro Staff" in their signature?  :o ;D

From what I have seen everybody posting on this thread can hunt; a couple have been at it a long time(more than me), another is fairly new but they jump right in her lap. 8) ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2013, 02:02:52 PM by CAPTJJ »
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »
Yes I don't even really hunt just sit her in front  of a screen and pretend I'm out there hunting. When people post pics of a buck and if its a shooter or not I always say it not big enough even though I have never shot a deer  :P lol.   I do 3D and indoor shoot and being a staff helps a lot when they give you a nice discount on there products to help promote there's. 

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2013, 03:36:59 PM »
Ahh it's fine I got thick skin. Hunting is to each his own many ways to get the same thing done all your preference.  Iv already been forewarned by the other special Maryland hunter  ;D

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2013, 04:08:36 PM »
The funny part is you really agreed with what I said, I said you want to cover everything. You said you have killed them without a face mask, so you don't NEED one; but you now wear one, because you WANT to, there must be a reason. Its basic turkey hunting, no one tells beginners not to wear a facemask. ::)

Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 15, 2013, 04:12:28 PM »
:-\

What is up with this ;  Seen it before ; Before HARRIE called it quit's ...

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #14 on: Mar 15, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
I wear one to more to keep the black flies and mosquitoes off my face not worried that they will see my face. Not saying a mask is bad I don't really like to wear one and had never had a problem not wearing one   Wasn't trying to take a shot or anything should have worded it better. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal