The Camp Fire > Off-topic Discussions

Am I alone here?

(1/7) > >>

Hollywood:
Some thoughts that a few years ago I would have thought were crazy...

I think it's possible that the wealth of the American people may evaporate before their eyes (like many already experienced with the housing crisis, created by the very people still calling the shots)

I think the US dollar may well lose it's status as the worlds reserve currency to the Chinese yuan. (The british Sterling was the world's reserve currency prior to the US dollar replacing it. The Sterling lost 90% of it's value when that happened.)

I think the stock market may crash...hard.

I think this may all happen... by design.

Just wondering if I'm the only one out there thinking about this stuff. We live in scary times right now. Feel free to give "you're nuts & here's why" input if you have any.

bogmanjr:
Cost of living keeps climbing, everything the working man does cost more from Health Insurance to a gallon of gas. Pay increases cant keep up with it. Add in all the freebees we need to pay for the the current Admin in Washington is giving away.(It got him reelected..... ::)The wealthy are ok,The sponges on the bottom are ok we are covering them,It's the middle of the road working man and small business that is in a pickle.

Hollywood:

--- Quote from: bogmanjr on Jan 11, 2013, 08:17:51 AM ---It's the middle of the road working man and small business that is in a pickle.

--- End quote ---

It just feels like the pickle is about to get turned into relish.... I hope I'm wrong and just turning into an old fart.

jlaclair:
We live in a time where I may never be able to own a house, pay for my kid to go to college, RETIRE, or maybe even open my own business and be successful....I work my bollucks off and dont have much to show for it, I only recently (this week) started making over 30k a year and I have a BA and a AAS, My expenses are pretty high even with the place I rent being a steal...It sucks...I have to make sure I dont get incredibly sick or injured because I dont have health insurance and I believe due to Obamacare I will have to pay a fine at the end of the year if I do not have it...but I can't afford it so how can I? I can't even raise chickens at my house for food because the Landlord doesn't want me to, that is why I hunt fish and trap not just for enjoyment but to feed and provide for my family and even then its not cheap to do and I can get ticketed for it if I forget something silly like dotting an I on my tag...our country is going down fast and it is a shame

windwalker:
Although I am not a  American ,I am a North American and most of what happens is by design .The rich will always have the upper hand ,it's just the way that it is ! .There are so many factors involved and I am glad that I don't have to decide which to pursue ,but I understand your worries .Conspiracy theories are all around us and telling the truth from false facts is all but impossible .We have a good health system ( Canada ),but we pay more for fuel and hydro then we sell it to the USA for ? Our economy isn't feeling this reccesion as badly as what you are feeling it ,but we don't have the volume of people that you do .I have heard many conspiracy theories ,a thinning of the herd as it were was one ,and this one I worry about ! war was always a good way to boost a economy ,but a nuclear war doesn't make any sense........nothing left over after the dust settles ? Best rule is watch out  for you and your families and be awake when something does happen ,be prepared as you can be .I am always learning survival skills and try to be as prepared as one can be ............my thoughts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version