Hunting by Game/Technique > Bird Hunting

Two dog hunt

(1/3) > >>

tundraboy:
This morning I figured I would take both dogs out. We went to a new spot that is pretty easy walking for my old dog. Its very flat and just a nice place to be able to watch them work. The birds were thick (woodcock) but very jumpy. We hunted for about an hour and a half and they pointed 15 birds. I forgot how awesome it is to watch 2 dogs working there magic. Heres a few pics hope you enjoy.

The two of them on point together

If you look in the top right hand corner you can see Jesse. He reset himself a half dozen times.  It ended up being a hen pheasant that ummm I forgot to put one in the chamber.

This is my favorite time of the year, and to be able to get Jesse on a few birds just made my season. Last year he broke my heart, he just stopped hunting in one of his favorite covers and I thought it was his way of saying dad im tired and cannot do this anymore. I tried taking him a few more times and he just stayed with me. He will be back in action next week. It will take him a while to recover after today. He has not left his couch since we got home. Damm I love my dogs.

Raquettedacker:
Great times with a good old friend.... ;D

drobertsinMaryland:
Thats great thanks for posting. Congrats on the birds

tcfish:

Nice pics.. Congrats on the birds too.

L2 HUNT:
Very nice to see he was able to make the trip out, they really love to get out and work for us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version