MHF Canada > Manitoba

Where are the Manitoba hunters?

(1/3) > >>

blue igloo:
Just wondering how everyone did this year?
My deer season consisted of 2 half days of Muzzleloader season. After attending my friend's funeral out in BC, the desire was not there. The lack of deer in the southwest didn't help matters. Winter kill and flooding along with a very wet June did a lot of damage to the herd........IMO.
Blue Igloo  :(

aquaassassin:
Check SISIF's posts out on here, he is dominating!

HighlandGlenGuide:
i havent been able to get out as much as i wouldve liked, between family, and having a 100lbs of moose meat in the freezer. only saw a small 4 during muzzle, had him at 50 yards for 20 mins, but let him grow, kicking myself now! havent seen a deer while rifle hunting. bow, ive probably had 100 does and fawns in front of me across from my house, but no bucks. twice ive seen monsters out there while i wasnt on stand...figures! i can still bowhunt here till dec 4 so need be ill take a doe if everything works out.  i agree with you Blue, between the wet fall and spring, the wolf and coyote population being way up and the hard winter for them our numbers are way down!  where i live not so much but its archery only, and there are only a few hunters here...more poachers than hunters.

Sorry to hear about your friend Blue.
the ice season is getting close, one day i will end up running into you on the ol east side!
steve

blue igloo:

--- Quote from: HighlandGlenGuide on Nov 23, 2011, 02:11:55 PM ---i havent been able to get out as much as i wouldve liked, between family, and having a 100lbs of moose meat in the freezer. only saw a small 4 during muzzle, had him at 50 yards for 20 mins, but let him grow, kicking myself now! havent seen a deer while rifle hunting. bow, ive probably had 100 does and fawns in front of me across from my house, but no bucks. twice ive seen monsters out there while i wasnt on stand...figures! i can still bowhunt here till dec 4 so need be ill take a doe if everything works out.  i agree with you Blue, between the wet fall and spring, the wolf and coyote population being way up and the hard winter for them our numbers are way down!  where i live not so much but its archery only, and there are only a few hunters here...more poachers than hunters.

Sorry to hear about your friend Blue.
the ice season is getting close, one day i will end up running into you on the ol east side!
steve

--- End quote ---
Yes I'm sure we will as I plan more trips this year.
Blue Igloo

blue igloo:

--- Quote from: aquaassassin on Nov 22, 2011, 04:45:20 PM ---Check SISIF's posts out on here, he is dominating!

--- End quote ---
Can you point me in the right direction to check out his posts........don't see it here  ::)
Thanks!
Blue Igloo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version