Author Topic: finding moose in zone 3 in sept  (Read 7694 times)

Offline Lobsta54

• Spiked
finding moose in zone 3 in sept
« on: Sep 09, 2011, 03:47:24 PM »
Moose hunting Sept season District #3
Any help on where to hunt. Rented a camp on Long lake is Saint Agatha. Need to shoot a cow

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
Re: finding moose in zone 3 in sept
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2011, 09:04:01 AM »
look on your delorme. not far from where your staying, on the outskirts of sinclair, is a dirt road called mclellan road. its clearly marked. would be on your right coming from st. agatha. anywhere on that road is loaded w/ moose. if that doesnt produce. get on rt. 161 south about 6-7 mi.. you'll hit the sullivan road. big irving sign. cant miss it. take a left on that. look for the cyr plantation rd sign. its a ways in.  drive all those roads back in there. actually any roads off the sullivan road is good for moose. look for 2-3 yr. old cuts or cuts along a swamp. they'll be near there. good luck!

Offline Lobsta54

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2011, 09:57:15 AM »
mooseslayer71
 thanks so much for the info.  I'll let you know how we make out.

Lobsta54
thanks again

P.S.
No one else read this posting, its private. lol

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2011, 11:37:36 AM »
mooseslayer71
 thanks so much for the info.  I'll let you know how we make out.

Lobsta54
thanks again

P.S.
No one else read this posting, its private. lol
  dont worry youll have lots of friends riding around out there w/ you. no use being secretive. my co worker came from sinclair this morning saw 2 bulls and 2 cows right on rt. 162 near mcclellan rd.. you shoulnt have to work too hard to get one unless the weather throws you a curve ball. if you need any more info. on anything give me a yell. good luck and give em' hell!
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2011, 11:43:14 AM by mooseslayer71 »

Offline Lobsta54

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2011, 06:34:15 AM »
mooseslayer71. 2 questions  What part of the state are you from?
How do I go about posting  pic of a moose I shot last year up in zone 9

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2011, 06:38:01 AM »

The following instructions are for photobucket account members:

To post pictures to the site...

1. Follow the Instructions on Photobucket upload your pictures to your Photobucket account.
2. Resize any pictures you'd like to post to a maximum of 400x600 pixels. Larger pictures distort the forum page and take longer to load. This can be done easily in Photobucket using the "Edit" options.
3. Open your photobucket album and find the photo you want to add. Place your cursor over the picture and a drop down menu will appear.Click on "Direct Link" and the link will be automatically copied to your "clipboard".
4. Paste the copied link to your post on MyFishfinder.com.

To add an Avatar picture to your account...

1st - Upload your picture to Photobucket from your computer.
2nd - Resize your picture to no more than 120 x 120 using Photobucket's "Edit" options.
3rd - Right click on the "Direct Link" for that picture .
4th - Open your Iceshanty "profile", then click on "forum profile information" and paste the address to the "I have my own picture" box and check that box. .
5th - Then click on the "change profile" button on the bottom right of that page.
Your avatar should now be displayed in all your posts. You can change your avatar at any time.

For other photo storage sites that don't install the "img" codes onto your photo addresses, you'll have to add them manually.

The "Add BBC tags:" tool bar is at the top of every message dialog below the "Subject" dialog box and the "Message icon". In row above the smilies, click on the 2nd icon from the left...the "Insert Image" icon(it looks like a small picture).

The command [ img][/img] will appear in your text message.
Paste the address of your picture between the commands like this;
[ img]paste your image location here [ /img]
Be sure not to add any spaces or other characters.

Preview your post to be sure your picture is there and then choose post.

"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Lobsta54

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2011, 02:11:17 PM »
Just a thought.
Moose hunting, remember its  bullet placement, placement, placement,  Double lung shot does the trick.

Offline Wolley

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
Just a thought.
Moose hunting, remember its  bullet placement, placement, placement,  Double lung shot does the trick.

Ive heard another thing about moose hunting regarding the best place to shoot moose. That would be in the road.
wake up America www.infowars.com

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 16, 2011, 05:18:23 AM »
mooseslayer71. 2 questions  What part of the state are you from?
How do I go about posting  pic of a moose I shot last year up in zone 9
    im in ft kent. raised in soldier pond. worked for a guide for 15yrs. till' i got a consence. ive been all through zones 1-3. my bro.s a guide and i still help him out occasionally.

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 16, 2011, 05:26:01 AM »
Just a thought.
  break the shoulders to anchor him then finish him off w/ the second shot. you may lose a little meat but it beats quartering up a moose in 2ft. of black mud in the swamp which is the first place they head for when hit. there is no such thing as too much gun either. saw a 1000lb. moose run 1/4mi. w/ 4 chest shots from a 375 h/h mag! no heart, lungs, liver and yep you guessed it, died in the swamp! shoot till' hes down. if it takes half the box , so be it.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2011, 12:06:15 PM by mooseslayer71 »

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 16, 2011, 09:50:25 AM »
Ive heard another thing about moose hunting regarding the best place to shoot moose. That would be in the road.
most definitly!!

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 16, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »
Moose hunting Sept season District #3
Any help on where to hunt. Rented a camp on Long lake is Saint Agatha. Need to shoot a cow

Good luck to ya! I am going with a buddy same season bull for him,we are staying at some camp on eagle lake ..I myself am not familiar with the area
My way of life

Offline Lobsta54

• Spiked
« Reply #12 on: Sep 17, 2011, 02:10:06 PM »
hey  hows the cell phone reception up there. Would be nice if I could call someone if we saw a nice bull that we couldn't shoot. Because of having a cow permit.
8 of us going up to St Agatha. Its all about family and friends. Should be a good time for all.
Last time I was up in Sinclair was about 45 years ago visiting my aunt who's family ran a derry farm.

tcfish
Good luck to you also

Offline mooseslayer71

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Sep 17, 2011, 03:58:55 PM »
cell service is good around towns but real sketchy the further in you go. most of the sullivan rd. has none at all.

Offline Lobsta54

• Spiked
« Reply #14 on: Oct 02, 2011, 02:57:45 PM »
got back from St Agatha late wednesday night. 1649 miles from start to finish. saw 5 moose. The hunters stayed until friday afternoon and shot at a cow  and missed at 300 yards.
thats the only cow they saw. Hunted in 70+ degrees. all week. Hunted the sullivan road, Pennington road, McClean road and Blackstone road.

Can't believe they give out 490 permits.

Next time I apply for a moose permit I'll request Bull only.
If I do go again I think I'll sit on an active run and wait and wait and wait.

We had 3 vehicles scouting and between us all  we only saw 10 moose.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal