Hunting by Game/Technique > Moose Hunting

No luck 4 Moose

(1/1)

fly-in:
well last  week I was out moose hunting, we went in on a sunday afternoon for the opening monday. There was lots of moose sign around, we tried to canoe out of our lake up the creek but the water was too low (beavers), so we had to hunt around our lake. We had no responses to our calling, on the thursday my father inlaw had to fly out for a class so i was there alone for the rest of the week, I was so tired of moose hunting that I did alittle fishing but kept the gun ready, I did hunt and thought that since I paid for the tag I would hunt hard. On the friday night I called from about 3:30 until about 6:45, then on the way back to the cabin I was canoeing and in our bay there were two moose, I first had to try and see the one in my rifle scope and it was a moose then I canoed closer to see if it was legal and a cow walked out and looked at me. I think it was a calf cow pare, if the calf had 4" of horn I could have shot it but it was too dark to see and the canoe would turn in the wind like a weather vane. That was all the moose action I had, my father inlaw maybe going back tomorrow, so I hope he can fill our tag.

barleydog:
Sorry about your luck Fly in.  Where did you say your hunt took place? 

fly-in:
we have a outpost cabin in Basset Manitoba Canada, there isn't anyone else in the area hunting so we don't see any other hunters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version