Hunting by Game/Technique > Moose Hunting

Called in the first!

(1/1)

MoosemanKris:
Called in my first bull of the year last night. I sat down at the end of a little road just out of town and gave a call. Waited about 25 minutes and then gave another. Got a short grunt in response from WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out. Bout 20 minutes later I was getting ready for another call and I heard the bush moving 8) Gave a short cow call and then a little bull grunt and I got him coming right in :o Started to get a bit worried when he got closer but he pulled up at about 65 yards. Still couldn't see the bugger! I was in the thickest stuff you could imagine and he was coming right through it (the way I didn't want him coming in!) But he pulled up at about 65 yards and started to circle me (I think) After the last time he grunted at me I didn't hear a peep so he must have got my scent. He was too big anyways. Has to be 2 points or less on one side and he sounded a whole lot bigger than that. Good start to the year ;D ;D
KRIS

Terrygonefishing:
Yeah someone else told me they called in an immature a few days ago. Good luck but you definately won't need it if you have a bull draw.

MoosemanKris:
Thanks 8) let's not jinx it though :P We might go for a drive tonight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version