Hunting by Game/Technique > Moose Hunting

moose on the loose

<< < (2/2)

MoosemanKris:
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! That would look might good in my freezer! Getting the old velvet off!! Good luck with that!
KRIS

Terrygonefishing:
I shot a moose that size when I was 13 yrs old. Nice to look at but I never wanted to shoot one that big again. Mind you he was very heavy into the rutting activity. I heard him coming in from his heavy breathing not from his calls. Did he ever smell of rut juice when dad & I cleaned him. Quite tough meat. Now I just pass those boys up, and wait for the younger bulls.
Was at a buddies last night having a beer and we looked out his window to see a cow and calf walking thru his yard about 15 yards from the window. He keeps a salt block in his back acre just to see animals. He dosen't hunt or allow anyone to hunt on his property. Goes thru about a block a year. Next time I go there I'm going to bring my camera. Probably illegal but he don't care, he is native.

MoosemanKris:
Actually it's legal to use salt blocks for ungulates. Can't shoot bears or any type of predators off them but it's completely legal to use salt blocks for deer/moose/elk. Not a lot of people know that.
KRIS

need2hunt:
Great pics,  I hope to see something like that when I get out for moose in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version