MHF US Northeast > Hunting New Hampshire

The fun of deer hunting

(1/1)

huntr-:
Today I got to witness a friend of mine get his first deer . He was on cloud nine and probably won't touch down until morning. He made a judgement shot at a very nice eight pointer 160lb  buck  standing head on and staring him down. Mind you he's lost out on a few opportunities recently with deer spooking before he could close the deal, so he took the front brisket shot and dropped him where he stood !. He dragged it out all by himself and just required a little assistance on gutting it. This is what I enjoy the most is seeing another hunter succeed with persistence and determination.He's only been hunting for three years and is in his late twenties and doesn't come from a hunting family so he was as green as grass but now has confidence and a sense of achievement. I have shot over twenty deer and I cannot remember being more happy for someone more than I was today . I just hope that I can see my son or daughter succeed in there hunting efforts some day. Yes I know it's about having fun but it's so much sweeter when a plan comes together !!!

upstatehunter:
Give your friend congrats from me. The first is so special. To do it by yourself is a major accomplishment. To you I agree it isn't who gets it but how. Obviously you get it. Great job.

huntr-:
 THANKS , I'LL PASS IT ON. HE'S ORIGINALY FROM MELONE, NY .HE MOVED HERE ABOUT NINE YEARS AGO.

longbeardking:
Congratulate him  from New Hampshire as well. Fine job, great story, and great attitude on your part. I agree, you know what hunting is REALLY about!!!!

turkey nuts:
           over the years i have introduced many of my freinds to the woods and agree its a great feeling to do such a great deed ....gratifying in deed !!!!! congrats to both of you !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version