MHF US Northeast > Hunting New Hampshire

Gobbler Down!

(1/5) > >>

aquaassassin:
Took a friend out who had never been for the NH opener this AM. Called 6 hammers right into our laps but they busted him so I pulled up and drilled one before they left. Big bird! Wish we could shoot a second at the same time without registering one first. Oh well, prolonged season works too.

BIG NINE!!!:
Nice Job! Beautiful bird!
Our opening morning was a disaster. Snowing sideways and high winds. Roosted 4 Tom’s, 9 Jake’s and 4 hens. They never made a peep and stayed in the pines all morning. Totally sucked.
Good news is that there was almost no hunters at all.

aquaassassin:
No hunters is key! I just called in 3 more studs for him but swing and a miss. Oh well, he will get the hang of it. Lot of fun taking someone to teach.

I tried roosting birds here last night, not a sight or sound of them yet at 510 this am they were right where I figured and gobbling non stop for a hour then. Not a peep after even with the ones I just called in again. Came in silent

Huntnfish603:
Way to go stud. Unfortunate for your buddy but it's fun watching new people get into it. Good for you though, nice bird.
Wind was howling this morning( what's with the effin wind this year man). Called a nice Tom in for my boy. He was coming hot off to our left, but at 40 yards or so he cut up behind us straight into the timber and gone. Couldn't reel him back in. Bunch of other jakes came by at 15 yds later, that's all she wrote.

aquaassassin:
Yes wind has been brutal all of 2021 I guess we just make the best of it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version