Hunting by Game/Technique > Bowhunting

What is your bowhunting rig this year?

<< < (2/2)

monk:
My bow has been a Hoyt CRX32, haven't shot it in the last few years. I got it out about a month ago and could barely draw the bow, and nearly wrecked my arm! I got my son's old bow, a Fred Bear Sparrowhawk II, the draw length felt right and set at 40lbs. I had to make a few adjustments. First I moved the peep and retie, YouTube is awesome! Then I had to add a D-loop for my release, again YouTube is awesome! Last I had to put on an old sight on, that had more adjustment to it. To be honest, after I was unable to shoot my Hoyt, I was a little bummed out and didn't even bother buying my bow license. Being able to do all the adjustments to my son's old bow, got my confidence back, especially since I'm already hitting a 3" spot at 20 yards consistently! May be getting my bow license after all!

joe snag:
I've been shooting my Mathews Mission for two week almost everyday at 15 yards I'm doing good and at 20 I'm still in the kill zone,Last season I was told by my Dr. no bow hunting,all my muscles in my left are were pulled and I was in pain everyday,but I had to hunt,so I did 1 practice shot and hit 3" off the bull at 15 yards,so I figured I could shoot,I didn't get to shoot at a deer but i did pull on one the second day of season a big doe right under neath me,it was a warm afternoon and it was within 10 yars and I said no,let it go,it's erarly ,so 3 weeks later I did get a 7 point with black powder and later on with rifke I let 2 other buck pass looking for the big guy I never seen..So I'm ready this year and my arm is all healed.....

CAPTJJ:
Most likely the same hybrid longbow I used last year, 41# Omega Native. Haven't had time to set up the new 45# one, but may be able to get it ready during Sept.

Deadeyez:
Shooting a Mathews VXR 28 this year in all black. I really like it. It’s really quiet and shoots smooth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version