Hunting by Game/Technique > Moose Hunting

Moose Rifle

<< < (3/3)

myemmy:
Use a gun that you are confortabe. With, 30 caliber or better, love s of new ones out there , short mags , practice as much as u can, luck

mooseslayer71:

--- Quote from: corny13 on Oct 21, 2014, 03:42:48 PM ---I used the 300WSM with a 165 gr Barnes triple shock..... in retroscope prob should have used a bigger gun.  Called the bull out of the thickets at 200yds.  Broadside shot, guide said he thought I missed as it didn't even flinch.. second shot same...third...same.  Guide was worried Id missed him.  He went down 25 min later as hadn't come out with me on the ridge above the bog and spruce thicket...he had only gone 10 ft in (couldn't see from above though)  I had hit him all three times lung and heart.

--- End quote ---
i used to help a guide friend pull out downed moose. he had a sport that was shooting a 375 h.h mag. found a 1000lb. 65in. bull standing broadside 100 yrs. in a clearcut. fired 1st. shot the moose starting running. he fired 2 more times. the moose disappeared in the woodbine. my friend was upsest telling the hunter that was the biggest bull of the season and couldn't believe he missed. they walked out to where the moose was standing. there where quarts of blood everywhere along his path coming out both sides if him. nearly a quarter mile away in a swamp they found his moose. he hit him 3 times in a 3in. group destroying the heart liver and lungs! you could put your fist thru his chest! he was dead w/ the 1st. shot. goes to show you even with the biggest gun with the best placed shot, they're a big animal with incredible strength and stamina! my buddy had to apologize to the hunter.

smontague:
.270 with an Accubond is money.

clearwateralaskaoutfitter:
300 Wildcat is best rifle for Moose Hunting. https://clearwateralaskaoutfitters.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version