Author Topic: Guides  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Mainegundog

• Spiked
Guides
« on: Aug 22, 2011, 10:46:04 AM »
Hello hunters,I am thinking about hunting eastern PA this year,the hunting in my area of Maine is getting thin.I love to hunt but I really want oto fill my freezer this year.Can anybody suggest a guide or a service who offers bare bone hunts,We need a place to hunt and to rent a camp,nothing fancy at all we can get our own grub and pack out our own animalls and butcher our own meat.We have our own equipment.any help wold be appricated.

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
Re: Guides
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2011, 10:03:45 PM »
the only guide i know of in the extreme northeast would be Hills twin spruce lodge .http://www.twinsprucepa.com/, I do know that it has changed hands in the last month or two.They offer fair chace whitetail and turkey hunts also have a mountain with high fence around for exotics.another option would be all the stateland and national forest in pike county 2nd week of rifle season is a good time as you would be almost by yourself.
Bad decisions make for good stories !

Offline Mainegundog

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2011, 01:16:41 PM »
the only guide i know of in the extreme northeast would be Hills twin spruce lodge .http://www.twinsprucepa.com/, I do know that it has changed hands in the last month or two.They offer fair chace whitetail and turkey hunts also have a mountain with high fence around for exotics.another option would be all the stateland and national forest in pike county 2nd week of rifle season is a good time as you would be almost by yourself.
Thanks for the tip!I am going to check that out,I just dont want to drive to Ohio or Illinoise,I was gonna try NY or PA.

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »
if you find something that interests you let me know and i can look into it for you , i work all through wayne and pike county
Bad decisions make for good stories !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal