Author Topic: Help me feel better ( Up Dated 12-11-13 ) & pic added  (Read 6345 times)

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
Help me feel better ( Up Dated 12-11-13 ) & pic added
« on: Dec 10, 2013, 05:52:28 PM »
Please help me feel better guy's shot me a doe tonight at 4:15 shooting threw some slash at 30 yrds.
I hit her but must have threw the bullet off cause I got the gut's all kinds of stuff  kinds of stuff pouring
out when she landed followed her about 50 yrds. didn't follow her any more and backed out thought I
could her some gasping for air like down in the ravine where she want but not sure ; You think tomorrow
morning be to early or should I wait longer want to let her sit over night for sure maybe I'll find her dead or
can finish her off

Thanks  Guy's 

GMH
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2013, 06:00:18 PM by Green Mountian Hunter »

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer
Re: Help me feel better
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2013, 06:16:56 PM »
It happens Chucky chin up sir. I bet she is done for now if you want to go back tonight. If not tomorrow morning should be good. I would be worried about predators though.

Offline fishnmachine

• 8 Pointer
  • Take 'em!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2013, 06:30:15 PM »
X2   
It'll chew...

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2013, 07:16:41 PM »
You will get her chuck.  You go back in the morning she will prob be dead. If not I'm sure you got snow and can track her down.

Offline Mearzy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2013, 07:43:07 PM »
Hang in there you'll get her.  Tomorrow would be fine, plenty cold out she'll be fine just don't let the crows start cacklin at her to late in the morning.  Last year I arrowed a doe, A Rage in the cage completly imploded her heart blood trail was a complete red carpet, she went 50 yds, dropped on the other side of a stone wall, shot her at last light walking out from stand.  Could see her eyes blink so I backed out, went home changed clothes, ate dinner, dosed off for a cat nap and went back with good light @ 11:30 pm and she was still in her bed, she appeared stone dead, no response, blead out pretty darn good in bed so I go to roll her over to gut her and man she found life within her and wanted to kick like heck, truley a test of white-tails strength.  Finished her off with the trusty Buck Knife, for years I went back and forth about what was more comfortable to carry; a fixed blade knive or a lock-back.  Well let me tell you after this experience I will always have my trusty fixed blade Buck knife on my side.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2013, 07:50:05 PM »
Good luck Chuck. Not a good feeling for sure.

Offline oldpro51

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2013, 07:53:22 PM »
having tracked more than my share of gut shot deer...... wait and leave her until morning... she ll  either be dead or so sick she be hardly moving so you can finish her off ... to soon and you might lose her ... if in doubt back out!!!!

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »
Thanks guy's helping some those dang whips ;The good thing is haven't seen any dog tracks around there the last 2 years she is done in a steep ravine ;
And we got 3"of snow and it is 18* out ; Been trying to get to sleep and not working , First time I ever had a gut shot almost feel as though I should
not have shot and I'm mad at myself ; Going to be a long night  ???   >:(

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2013, 08:44:45 AM »
Where is the update Chucky? ;D ;)

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2013, 09:24:18 AM »
you should find her, I had an awful year with lost deer, chin up there ol' buddy
Take a Kid outside...

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2013, 11:19:57 AM »
when you find her might not wanna do the hole take a bite outa the liver thing this time if youa really gut shot her...

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »
when you find her might not wanna do the hole take a bite outa the liver thing this time if youa really gut shot her...
Just got home from work guy's ; Found her around 8:30 she was all done laying in a brooke about 200yards from
where I backed off last night ; Sure made me feel so much better when I did spot her laying there  ;) :) :)
Ny duckman Sure did had to wash it up a little bit didn't taste to to bad but a little bit Sour but a tradition is a tradition  ;)   ;D ;D

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
Re: Help me feel better ( Up Dated 12-11-13 )
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »
good job chuck

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
Re: Help me feel better ( Up Dated 12-11-13 )
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 2013, 05:21:18 PM »
Will have a pic posted tomorrow ; Got her all skin and ready to cut up ; Going to get real cold tonight and colder as the weekend comes closer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal