Author Topic: pictures anyone  (Read 9174 times)

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
pictures anyone
« on: Nov 05, 2013, 10:32:42 PM »
wheres all the pictures of stuff caught these last few weeks??

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
Re: pictures anyone
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2013, 07:18:58 PM »
two small bobcats but no pic's. took my third cat last night and let it go till next year. pic's are on my pic's page.

Offline wyo969

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2013, 08:54:42 AM »
Gotta have a little better start I just got traps out Saturday been pretty slow one coon and picked off a rat same day.

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2013, 09:02:54 PM »
nice I just set a few outback this afternoon on the creek and gonna toss some more up on the hill tomorrow for k9 and a few other DPs

Offline wyo969

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2013, 08:44:23 AM »
I got to do a little reorganizing on mine this weekend that big storm that came through here split most of the trees in that so my game plan got changed a little bit.

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2013, 08:33:33 AM »
Checked the traps today and ended up with a nice big male coon. weighed him up and he hit the 22lb mark. dang he was a tough sob :o hopefully a few more show up soon.

Offline wyo969

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2013, 11:24:02 AM »
That's a nice chunker. I spent most of the weekend hunting again so I didn't get to do much with the traps. Did pick up a little 2x coon. I think I'm gonna dig out the old beat up victors and set some out in the slew we ducked Sunday. hopefully its off the beaten trail enough that they don't go missing. Lots of sign though I wanna set it and give it a try before it freezes up. Watch a mink over there for a bout 10 minutes too so that's a plus.

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2013, 11:43:01 AM »
nice coon man...cant wait till deer season is over im only running a few very short lines now once deer is over it opens 4800 acres of state land that I dont use till all the crowds are gone dont need my stuff coming up missing im to poor to replace it lol

Offline wyo969

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2013, 12:14:36 PM »
That why I'm kinda leary about that slough everyone and there dog has figured out that that area is a bunch of state land. Duck and deer hunters out the wazoo.

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2013, 12:20:37 PM »
its sad we cant go out and enjoy a sport cuz there are jerks out there that would steal our stuff that we worked so hard to get..

Offline wyo969

• Spiked
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »
Sure is. I think there are enough deep spots where I can get catches far enough under the surface to where they will be fairly well hidden. But I guess I'll find out.

Offline slt

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2013, 10:47:26 AM »
Knock on wood, I haven't  lost anything yet. Usually come up missing a couple traps every year. Shortened my line, staying outa the way of deer hunters and so far so good. Big problem for you guy's?  Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, I don't have any pictures cuz I don't know how to post
Fight crime. Shoot back!

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2013, 11:08:26 AM »
As much as i want to set road side culverts i just don't dare to. haven't lost any traps yet but I stay with private property only. only damage to my traps were yesterday when a coon removed my pan from my trap. He'll pay for that.   ;D

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »
iv never lost anything but just the chance that a hunter on state owned land may come across my stuff so I pull mine...this time of year I only have 4 traps out 2 on a small drainage ditch/creek that's maybe 150 feet out the back door and I put 2 fox/yote sets out along the cow pasture...once deer season is over ill have my set split between the farm and state lands...I don't think you should have any fear of setting on state lands just know where your going and only flag your trap not the whole way to it I use a hand held gps and use 1 small flag about 10 feet from my set

Offline slt

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2013, 06:58:04 PM »
As much as i want to set road side culverts i just don't dare to. haven't lost any traps yet but I stay with private property only. only damage to my traps were yesterday when a coon removed my pan from my trap. He'll pay for that.   ;D

A bit different here in  Maine but I've never lost anything roadside. Deer hunters are not restricted to public lands here. Landowner permission not required. If it ain't posted, hunt it. Written permission is required for trappers though. Most of the gear I've lost is from K9 dirt hole sets, some with a catch circle. deer hunters are my suspects.........
Fight crime. Shoot back!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal