Author Topic: hunting memoirs  (Read 848 times)

Offline benny8

• Forked
hunting memoirs
« on: Jun 08, 2020, 08:56:47 AM »
Kind of slow this time of year, so I thought I might share an idea. One day when my health was very bad, I guess I was feeling nostalgic. Contemplating my own mortality, I decided to start writing about my hunting adventures. Family and friends like to hear about my hunts and adventures, and I thought, why not write a book about the deer I have taken and other small tidbits of information. I thought it would be cool that someday my daughter and grandkids and generations to come might be able to learn about the life I love. Now I am not a writer, so I started jotting down my adventures and this past winter I put them on the computer in Google Docs. I ended up with 23 or 26 chapters. Short chapters. A little back story. When I was in my early 30's I was severely over weight. I weighed 350+ at 5'4". I woke up one morning to severe chest pains and that was what it took to get me started on writing a "book" and a healthier lifestyle. My wife and I joined WW and together lost 200 lbs(125 for me and 75 for her). Over the last 13-14 years we have kept the majority of it off. It has made hunting enjoyable again. This was just a thought for a way to share your stories with future generations that you might not be able to tell yourself. If anyone is interested in reading my story, please send me a PM and I will send a link to the Google Doc. Have a great day and bring on Hunting Season!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: hunting memoirs
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2020, 04:56:17 PM »
Love it brother! Congrats! Send me the tales!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal