Author Topic: Bolets  (Read 3923 times)

Offline dogfish

• Spiked
Bolets
« on: Aug 18, 2004, 07:01:29 AM »
Found a patch of very big Bolets the other day and brought them home.  Just for grins I brought out the old shroom book to see what kind of Bolets they were (I knew all were edible).  Ends up they were "Bitter" bolets and though edible, they would not taste good.  Anybody elts run into these shrooms?
Eric

Offline dogfish

• Spiked
Re: Bolets
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2004, 05:53:52 AM »
Grump
No photos but here is a website http://www.bluewillowpages.com/mushroomexpert/boletus.html
No 1 I spelled the name wrong it is Boletus.  After doing more reasearch last night I find that there are a few toxic Boletus?  They are not kill you stuff but make you sick.  Seems the "bitter" is the toxic species around where I live and the taste would not let you eat enough to get sick anyways.

I have a few species that I can identify well enough to pick and eat (4 species to be percise).  In trying to expand that small list I found a bad one :-\

Be safe not sorry
Eric

Offline reubenpa

• Forked
  • OH MY... I can't stop shaking!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2004, 09:46:40 PM »
Mushrooms are everywhere, I even had some in my yard, but since I have no idea what they are, they get mowed!!!   Maybe they are morels!!! just kidding!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Come on Archery season

Offline dogfish

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2004, 06:10:25 AM »
Moe, I should be back from my hunting trip to Quebec end of next week.  I will bring my shroom books to work and take a look at your monster then.
Eric

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal