Author Topic: Turkey season  (Read 7190 times)

Offline irish pirate

• Nubbie
Turkey season
« on: Apr 27, 2009, 07:48:42 PM »
Anybody planning on turkey hunting?

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Turkey season
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2009, 05:41:36 PM »
Seems like the lower new england representation is a little light on here. i took the wife out monday and one of my sons today. not RI but just over the borderin mass. posted picture and story on the contest thread.have to work tommorrow but it's going to rain anyway. back at the birds on thursday. is RI open yet?
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline irish pirate

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2009, 06:21:36 PM »
In Rhode Island it starts on 4-30-09, until 5-26-09, I might go a couple times but Still kinda getting my boat all set. Going to check and see if the squid are here tonite. Hopfully have my boat in the h2o this friday! Happy hunting man, bet your wife and son enjoyed their time out as well!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2009, 07:50:10 PM »
I haven't even looked at the boat yet, only an 18'CC so i trailer it .its turkeys till the 9th of may here, i'll head to maine for a week or so before memorial day and by then should be in a striper state of mind when i get home. scoolies must be around by now over your way??

Pretty sure the whole family is hooked on hunting and fishing.  good luck!
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline irish pirate

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2009, 11:42:10 AM »
Yeah, some of the schoolies and fluke are showing up at the block. Lot's of bait fish in the squid lights, we think they're anchovies. No squid here yet, but by the weekend I think the run will be on. I'd say another 2 weeks and everything is going to be slammin around here. Yeah, I was planning on sellin my boat it's a 18ft larson all open for fishing but I renewed by lobster license and it was cheap to register the boat. So, I'm goona hang on to it. Well good luck in the North country. I'll be in NH for deer season this fall.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2009, 02:15:25 PM »
i used to spend a lot of time in Jefferson NH. dad's got a camp there.

Offline irish pirate

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2009, 07:35:23 PM »
Jefferson is nice. I was born in Nashua and my father and I use to hunt up towards Pittsburg.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2009, 06:20:29 PM »
I love the mountains,used to have bear and coon hounds.awesome trout fishing up there too. but ice fishing is way-way better in maine,and they are not as atv friendly in NH.so thats how i landed in maine.i still try to get up for a trout fishing trip now and then its about half the ride to NH as it is to my place in maine.

Offline irish pirate

• Nubbie
« Reply #8 on: Apr 30, 2009, 09:10:59 PM »
Yeah, I hear ya on the ATV's, They're basically illegal in RI, I have a polaris Hawkeye, and can use it on the inlaws land, that's about it. Trout fishin is awesome in NH, My father and I use to go to Mt. Williams, Huge browns!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 07:17:40 AM »
Same in mass,no place to ride them legally.i have cranberry bogs so we use them alot around the farm. but i can leave the dooryard in maine and drive for hundreds of miles without going anywhere i don't belong.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal