Author Topic: What's does everyone bring for lunch?  (Read 12627 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
What's does everyone bring for lunch?
« on: Oct 05, 2005, 11:00:23 AM »
I like to bring two roast beef sandwiches, a banana, 2 granola bars, and 2 bottles of water if I am stand hunting. If I am still hunting I like to bring a MRE.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline tucker

• 6 Pointer
  • What are you lookin at?
Re: What's does everyone bring for lunch?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2005, 01:36:34 PM »
I usually hunt about 200-300 yards from the farm house so usually I just walk in for lunch.  Get too boring for an all day stand.  The times I have been out i take a pbj sandwich, banana, water and maybe an apple.  Had a few squirrels fight over the banana peel.  That kept me occupied.

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2005, 02:13:37 PM »
if I'm out all day ill bring a sand wich and some candy bars,  but if I'm hunting out of camp i usually go back and cook some hot dogs or something like that. i always bring Werther's (Sp?) originals ;)
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline need2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2005, 12:52:25 PM »
Depends, for rifle season where we're never more than 10 miles from my brother in-laws place , we head back to the house for chili or stew, but for muzzleloading where I still hunt or track and I'm a long ways from home I bring 2 litres of water, a couple fruits and beef jerky.  Then when I come home in late evening I eat like I've got a hole the size of my fist in my stomach.
If it can't get done outdoors, it isn't going to get done!

Offline carphunter

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2005, 02:22:44 PM »
I make my own jerky so I normally load up a zip-lok bag with it and a bottle of water. Good for all day.
        Jim
AKA carpcatcher

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2005, 06:48:27 PM »
i load up a ziplock with jerky (not homemade, last time i tried that it looked like a 3 day old babies umbilical cord :P ) and a couple of power bars. if im in a tree ill bring an apple or 2 as well, like spongebob said, after you are done its entertaining to watch critters fight over the core ;D

Offline swampbum

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 07, 2005, 10:46:03 PM »
usually some venison jerky, trail mix, fresh fruit and  water for me on the trail

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2005, 09:40:33 AM »
lol, devil-man, you know that backpack i always have fishing? that thing is usually jam packed with crap when i go hunting, this year i am going with a large fanny pack filled with just the essentials, my food and gameboy. i was getting out of control with crap i would bring into the woods with me. funny thing is ill still bring the same amount of food, thats how little space it took up in that monster pack of mine

Offline J-Dog

• Nubbie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2005, 10:16:12 PM »
if I'm hunting I take nothing I will eat when I get home or after I get a deer if I'm hungry

Offline bear87

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Oct 03, 2006, 02:27:49 PM »
I usually take a couple of ham sandwich's and pumpkin bread. My wife always bakes pumpkin bread for deer camp and the guy's love it with coffee. I don't think I would be allowed in camp without the pumpkin bread. bear

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 03, 2006, 02:37:34 PM »
When hunting a stand for 8 or 9 hours I always take 4-5 Thurringer,ketchup, butter & cheese sandwiches and a couple brandy bottles full of water. I find that eating alot really helps keep me warm on cold days
Adam

Offline Fish-Trap

• Spiked
« Reply #11 on: Oct 03, 2006, 02:49:18 PM »
Don't eat alot of lunch in the field or marsh. However, breakfast is another story. Nothing better than hasbrowns,eggs,bacon,sausage in the duck blind. Plus, if the birds aren't flying, by the time you start to eat your food, there is sure to be some action. Never fails.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 04, 2006, 06:29:16 AM »
I usually take a couple of ham sandwich's and pumpkin bread. My wife always bakes pumpkin bread for deer camp and the guy's love it with coffee. I don't think I would be allowed in camp without the pumpkin bread. bear

Funny you picked today to metion pumpkin bread. We just got fresh baked loaf given to us. It is delicious.  :D
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 2006, 10:42:54 AM »
BEER!!!!!

Still here? Speaking of ethical sportsman...who drinks and carries a gun? Smart  ::)
Adam

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • 6 Pointer
  • zzz zzz zzz
« Reply #14 on: Oct 05, 2006, 10:53:08 AM »
Nope he's gone.

-Scott

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal