Author Topic: Wild tukey breast recipes  (Read 4201 times)

Offline OUTDOORSMEN

• Forked
Wild tukey breast recipes
« on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »
I was just looking for some new ideas to do with turkey breasts.

Offline dan_lais

• 6 Pointer
  • can't wait for May 1st!!!
Re: Wild tukey breast recipes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:50:02 PM »
i cube it then soak it in brooks bbq teriakey from the home store in oneonta.rea, moist and great flavor.you can probably get it online too.or i cube it then cook it in butter till its done then drain butter and put chicken wing sauce and ranch in and keep the heat on till the newly added sauces are warm,reeeaaaalll good.

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!!!!!!!

Offline OUTDOORSMEN

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2010, 10:03:21 PM »
That sounds good I will have to try that. Anybody have any other ideas?

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »
Deep fried turkey fingers. I like them in the crock pot with cream of mushroom soup too.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2010, 07:26:01 PM »
Deep fried turkey fingers. I like them in the crock pot with cream of mushroom soup too.

That sounds real good.......
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2010, 04:51:45 AM »
 :P We put strips in the crockpot with onion and peppers, with some salsa poured over the top until fully cooked, then put it in a frying pan for a few minutes to brown up and serve on small soft sub rolls.

Offline weavs150

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2010, 03:03:40 PM »
try the whole bird. stuff with brown rice and pieces of bacon (cook it first). then rap the outside in bacon and put on indirect heat on the grill. be hte best wild turkey you ever had

Offline Somers

• Spiked
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2010, 12:42:49 PM »
Treat it like a London Broil.

This is pretty much the only way I do turkey breasts anymore.  Too much of a hassle plucking and I've gotten a lot of positive feedback, even from people who say they don't like turkey.

Fillet the breast halves off the bone.  I do remove the breast tenderloins to fry or grill separately. 

Marinate 1 breast fillet whole in a ziplock bag with white wine, smashed garlic cloves, diced onions, salt+pepper, and any herbs you want (sage, thyme, and rosemary all work well), and some extra virgin olive oil.  Refrigerate for a day or two.

Fire up the grill and cook for 10 minutes per side on medium heat.  The last thing you want to do is overcook it, so if necessary check it w/ a meat thermometer.  I don't mind if there's a slight pinkish tinge, but that's just me.  155-160 in the thickest part is good.  Let it rest for a few minutes and then slice thinly like a London Broil. 

Leftovers (if you have them) work well for sandwiches, stir fry, pepper and onions heros, Fajitas, etc.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2010, 04:37:22 PM »
Man, why did you have to post something so mouth watering after turkey season! 
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline fiftycal

• Nubbie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2011, 12:44:36 PM »
After you clean it, marinate it with Caribbean Jerk seasoning. I usually inject it into the breast and wings.  It really cuts any gamy flavor. I usually either chop it up and deep fry it or just deep fry the whole thing.  I use peanut oil for the best flavor at 350 degrees.   

« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2011, 04:22:11 PM by fiftycal »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal