Author Topic: goose sausage  (Read 2560 times)

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
goose sausage
« on: Oct 17, 2007, 06:31:34 PM »
anyone got a good recipe for goose sausage

Offline millermankt

• 6 Pointer
Re: goose sausage
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2007, 11:13:03 AM »
I will look around, but I would bet that you could substitute goose for other meats in a sausage recipe. Goose is a very dense , dark poultry. I grind it often to make jerky out of and people are amazed how good it is. good luck !!

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2008, 01:35:46 PM »
do you ad pork to goose sausage or just use it straight

halfrack33

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »
go to price chopper butcher and tell them you want pork to mix in with it to make sausage. I'm pretty sure it was 2/3 goose and 1/3 pork fat. Just goose will make it too lean which means healthier and you do not want that lol. That's what i did last year, ground up the goose and fatty pork they suggested, used a hot italian sausage mix i got from bass pro and let it marinate as suggested (i used a little more seasoning that suggested plus extra red pepper flakes and a little extra fennel), got pork intestines from price choppers also, filled my "stuffer tube", rinsed the casings and tied off then end, then just stuffed and twisted between sections. I almost have more fun cooking and prepping than hunting... but not quite! good luck

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2008, 01:57:45 PM »
We add pork to all our meat. For hamburg and sausage we grind venison and pork butt 50:50, if we have goose to use we add it to the venison half. I don't have the privilege of being able to hunt wild pigs so we buy big primals from the butcher.

Do you see sausage links when a doe walks up to you too? ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal