Author Topic: Camo Chili  (Read 3728 times)

Offline seags

• 6 Pointer
Camo Chili
« on: May 11, 2017, 07:00:25 AM »
A few weeks ago me and dad where semi cleaning the pole-barn, he was going through drill bits like a crazy man and I was going through old, archery , bow hunter magazines I mean old from the early 70’s  and 80’s.
I brought a lot of them into the house, 90% are in my bathroom.
 Some of the bow hunter magazines I have memorized with the article and what issue.
I found one issue from December/January 1980.
It had a lot different recipes.
  I was born in 1970 so I was 10 when this issue was out.
Dad and I looked at this recipe; It was called camouflage chili, he said that we will make it on Saturday after you and Bobby (A very good bud of mine) make there paper route, dad called one of his bud’s Charlie to stop for chili and watch college football. My mom had to take my sister to a volley-ball tourney and that they will be gone all day, but mom made 4 GIANT SUB, S for us earlier that day.
I remember that day like it was yesterday.
Here you go:
Dad used 1 pound ground deer and a half pound of ground bear.
 He had it in a 5 quart Dutch oven slowly going.
Then he added a little S/P and some crushed red peppers.
Me and Bobby chopped ¼ cup each onion, green pepper, celery and sweet pickles, and add that
I think dad had that going for about 5-10 minutes the heat on the stove was low and slow.
Then add 2 16oz canned tomatoes, 2 6 oz cans of tomato paste and 2 cans water from the paste can’s
 2 Tablespoons Worchester sauce and 2 Tablespoons of chili powder added 2 16 oz cans of kidney beans.
And let it go for about 30 minutes.
Oh it was great with the sub sandwiches; yep drinking beer and having a whiskey; yep at the age of 10
 I just wanted to share that you .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal