The Camp Fire > Wild Game In The Kitchen/Campstove Cooking

grinding burger

<< < (2/4) > >>

jlaclair:
i dont normally cut anything with it, I want venison, occasionally I might add bacon to it but that is usually after I already ground it, venison shouldnt be cooked anywhere close to well done, so that will keep it from being dry, if you cant eat it less than medium you can add egg and maybe a little breadcrumb to it to help with moisture

mookie:

--- Quote from: jlaclair on Oct 06, 2013, 08:46:40 AM ---i dont normally cut anything with it, I want venison, occasionally I might add bacon to it but that is usually after I already ground it, venison shouldnt be cooked anywhere close to well done, so that will keep it from being dry, if you cant eat it less than medium you can add egg and maybe a little breadcrumb to it to help with moisture

--- End quote ---
You and I are on the same page, with the exception of burger patties. I grind a bit of bacon into that, other than that I just do venison. And I do a lot with it too  ;D

hesseltine32:
Not to jack the thread but I'm looking at getting a grinder any suggestions as to what I should get ?

mookie:

--- Quote from: hesseltine32 on Oct 06, 2013, 09:28:30 AM ---Not to jack the thread but I'm looking at getting a grinder any suggestions as to what I should get ?

--- End quote ---
I'm real happy with the kitchen aid attachment. But I do know there is better options out there. I already had the kitchen aid and figured what's to lose? I had a old hand grinder for years..... If I had a bigger place I would likely get a commercial grinder, but for now in my little space, just can't.

stka:

--- Quote from: hesseltine32 on Oct 06, 2013, 09:28:30 AM ---Not to jack the thread but I'm looking at getting a grinder any suggestions as to what I should get ?

--- End quote ---

The smaller the motor the harder it will work and the hotter it will get. We have a 3/4hp (650 watt) #12 and I think that's a good size if you are going to do a fair amount of grinding. We cube and freeze our burger meat during the season and then grind all out deer in one sitting, without it getting warm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version