Author Topic: Trail Camera Vandalized (updated 10/02)  (Read 6605 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Trail Camera Vandalized (updated 10/02)
« on: Sep 29, 2006, 06:41:35 AM »
My brother and my dad went into our woods on the farm yesterday to check on our deer cameras. When they got to where my dad's camera is set up it was missing. Someone had cut the straps holding on the tree. My brother and dad found the camera 10 feet from the tree on the ground. Here's the odd part, who ever did this did not take the camera, did not open the trailcamera box, or take the film. In fact when my dad checked on it last weekend it only had 10 picts on it, now it is full. We hope who ever was dumb enough to Tresspass onto our land and do this that we now have pictures of him to turn over to the sheriff's department. It is bad enough that people ingore your posted signs (ours are yellow and blaze orange spaced 10 feet apart) but it is extremely frustrating that people ignore your posted and do damage to your property. How does everyone else handle the frustration? >:( :P
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2006, 09:40:48 AM by adkRoy »
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline skundl

• Forked
Re: Trail Camera Vandalized
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2006, 07:01:21 AM »
Sorry to hear you have problems.  Maybe they were dumb enough to capture themselves.  The only advice is to be out in the woods as often as you can, keeping a eye on things, thats what I do.  If you can afford it buy a flashless camera and put it up in a tree, maybe 20 feet and aim it at the camera that was removed.  Obviously put that camera back.  If someone is intent on breaking your stones they will be back to that orginal camera.  How about sharing some photos from those two cams, I did under the tread bowhunting, early season scouting.  Good luck cacthing the idiots tresspassing on your property.

Offline tucker

• 6 Pointer
  • What are you lookin at?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2006, 07:20:48 AM »
ya, post those pics here so we can see the scum

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2006, 07:30:39 AM »
The picts are getting developed tonight. Hopefully we've got pictures of the puke who did this. If it is the same scumbag we had arrested last year, the deputies are going to have a field day.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline tucker

• 6 Pointer
  • What are you lookin at?
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2006, 07:45:43 AM »
maybe you will just see a raccoon with a knife
 :P

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2006, 08:04:52 AM »
man adkroy...you have more problems with tresspaser's then anyone i know..the only problem we get its theres a family that rides their horses through my buddies deer property..they are nice people...and only ride between like 11 and 1..so we never really say anything..but it really sucks steping in horse sh*t at 5 am. i hope you get the buggers. what idiots. whatever happened to the polite "knock knock".."hello we were wondering if we could hunt your property?"...you say no..the politly say thank you for your time good luck this year..and they go to the next property.
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »
The problem we have is our is 2 fold. One a horse farm bought the land next to ours and their workers (who are scumbags) hunt their land and keep tresspassing onto ours, and 2, our farm is the wintering yard for all the deer in our valley so everyone sees 50-100 deer all winter long going from the edge of the woods to the ag bags to feed. The gene pool in our county is pretty much dried up if you know what I mean.  :P

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 02, 2006, 06:44:45 AM »
We got the photos developed from the vandalized trail camera. We know the exact date and time it was committed because of the time stamp but we did not get a picture of the buttwipe that did it. We do have 20 pictures of the sky and over head branches though.  :P We may have to adopt a shoot first, bury the body policy second policy for the tresspassers. This is getting ridiculous.  >:(

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
« Reply #8 on: Oct 02, 2006, 07:13:45 AM »
what idiots...it sucks that you didnt get a pic of the ahole who did it. makes you really wish there wasnt a law against setting boobie traps for tresspassers.
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
Re: Trail Camera Vandalized (updated 10/02)
« Reply #9 on: Oct 02, 2006, 09:46:51 AM »
We place our trail cameras back out but we really camoflauged them now. We have them in high traffic area where we seem to have the most tresspassing occuring on our farm. I hope we have no more tresspassers on the farm but if they do, I hope we get a good picture of them and/or their back tag.  The deputies we made friends with are all hunters and told us they would be more than willing to visit our tresspassers with the pictures.  ;D

Offline Fish-Trap

• Spiked
« Reply #10 on: Oct 03, 2006, 12:01:57 PM »
Sorry to hear about that adkRoy. Tresspassers really bug me, chances are they are poachers as well >:(

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Oct 03, 2006, 01:01:36 PM »
The guys we had arrested last year for tresspassing were road hunters who saw a buck in our field so the pulled over, walked across our neighbors land, onto ours. Scumbags. >:(

Offline Dr. IceGeek

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Oct 03, 2006, 05:02:57 PM »
I gotta say, you've got the worst luck when it comes to trespassing.  We had a trespasser last year.  I confronted him and he gave me the old "I'm lost" excuse.  I just told him to please stay off the land or next time his experience wouldn't be so pleasant.  I also told him to get a GPS, at which point he replied " I have one in my backpack!".....idiot.

Offline zooker

• Spiked
« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2006, 09:23:30 AM »
i bought the bear guard for all my cams to keep this sorta thing from happing. i have 800 acres of leased land that 4 of us hunt. we have 1 rule no body hunts others stands. i have caught a couple poeple in my big box stand. this stopped after i shot thru it while this moron was in there-think he got the hint- ::)
 i have one camera that went thru hurrican floyd -still works- on the coast the water was 10+ feet over the cam..

zooker   

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Nov 11, 2006, 05:08:49 PM »
We are lucky to have a farmer that owns acres of woods everywhere in our area.Him and his crew of hunters would drive our woods out every year.Its thick as hell and holds bucks,but are hard to get them out of it.

They would always come and ask first,The first time they asked we said no problem as long as we can hunt your woods.And they said no problem,wich gave me 1000's of acres to hunt.

They never got a buck out of our woods yet,but a big buck actualy went under the treestand the guy was under "My dads permanant stand".The thing is he wasnt looking for a buck to be actualy heading into the woods they were driving from another small patch of woods we own!By the time he seen him he was running and only yards from his stand.

He had a story about the big one getting away that day... :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal