Author Topic: Bad hunting sayings  (Read 23088 times)

Offline MrMarty51

• Forked
  • Huntin`s the name,gettin`s the game.
Re: Bad hunting sayings
« Reply #30 on: Jun 24, 2008, 09:19:20 PM »
in these parts a tip like that can get You a reward. ;D

Offline pooley

• 6 Pointer
  • don't shoot the 2 legged dear!
« Reply #31 on: Aug 10, 2008, 08:16:17 PM »
You take off a week from work to go hunting and the next day at work someone ask's, did you catch anything?
i just tell them, i tried, but those darn things run FAST!!! ;D

Offline fish_finder

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Sep 17, 2008, 09:40:49 AM »
I love my wife dearly, but this is something that she always ask's me.  To which I reply: NOPE!  The little bugger's out ran me again.

That one drives me up the wall.... my answer is always " Nope i wasnt quick enough so i had to shoot them all"
It flies it dies

Offline upgofurbeer

• Nubbie
« Reply #33 on: Sep 27, 2008, 10:04:50 AM »
I get the "did you catch anything" all the time.  I couldn't catch anything faster than a snail.  So I shoot them.  A few years back the farm I hunt had a bad rep for the saying "if its brown, its down".  Well, its a farm, deer do a lot of damage.  They want them all shot.  Luck for me I luck to hunt.  I just don't tell them when I pass one up or it I let one go to grow.  My dad was interviewed by a local outdoors show about the possible QDM plan that Michigan was looking at.  Only allowing bucks with 4 points on one side or more to be harvested.  He explained how it would effect him and the fact that his eye sight allows him to distinguish deer from people and bucks from does but not always how many points were on one side.   He explained that since he buys both doe and buck permitts and hunts for the meat, "if its brown its down".  He said this just as they flashed his name and home town across the screen.  My phone blew up within minutes.  Why oh why did have to say it on TV?  They didn't air the remaining part of the interview.  He had then explained that when hunting in think cover where you may only have a two or three foot opening, who has the time to glass every deer and still get a shot off.  Since then I know his thoughts have changed, knowing that there is a better way to manage the herd.  One thing he has said that makes a lot of sense is that unless everyone agrees to the herd management idea in our area, there is no sense in it because what you pass up to let grow will walk to the neighbors and become dinner anyway.
Dale Shiffer
Bancroft Michigan
hunt for everything
fish for everything

halfrack33

« Reply #34 on: Sep 27, 2008, 02:11:39 PM »
"I think this is a better evening spot". Oh yeah, ok, it's a hangout for the juvenile bucks at night. They go there and party until the sun comes up.

I don't think that's a bad one. The place i hunt has very very little activity in the morning but in the last couple hours of the evening there's deer everywhere. They go there to eat at night under the cover of the darkness. They bed in the woods outside the field then go thicker into the woods during the day and stay there till dinner time.  ;) I'm in these woods 4-5 days a week even in the off season and i know this is true. There is some activity morning and mid-day but it is without a better spot at night. 1-3 deer in the am compared to 6-12 at night.

My neighbor asked me how i did this morning bow hunting. I told him there was one about 45-50 yrds away and it was a shot i didn't feel confident taking and he told me "just aim a little higher"...

Offline bullseye

• Nubbie
« Reply #35 on: Oct 05, 2008, 06:30:32 PM »
That's a nice looking one .
My wife doesn't even say that to me ;D

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #36 on: Oct 05, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »
My favorite came from my father after I shot my first deer, a spike with the bow. As we walked up to it, he said "Congratulations, now you're a f#@king murderer like the rest of us".

Offline outbackshooter

• Spiked
« Reply #37 on: Feb 14, 2009, 07:25:52 AM »
My favorite came from my father after I shot my first deer, a spike with the bow. As we walked up to it, he said "Congratulations, now you're a f#@king murderer like the rest of us".
That's funny ;D My huntin bud can be sitting 150yds away from me and I have deer underneath me and he's on the radio trying to tell me how big they are. And argue with me when I tell him they were only forks or small sixes. That drives me nuts ??? ???

Offline deerman

• 6 Pointer
  • ya get what ya need
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2009, 09:07:48 AM »
"missed..."
Every man dies, but not every man lives.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal