Author Topic: House built right on our border.  (Read 9916 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
House built right on our border.
« on: Oct 05, 2007, 06:47:03 AM »
Well I haven't been on our land in a couple of weeks. A small 5 acre lot was sold next to our farm and  in 2 weeks they put a foundation and a double wide in just 75 yards from the border of our farm right next to one of our best hunting fields and stand.  I know there is nothing I can do about it but it really bugs the heck out of me.  >:( 
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline zimmer2

• 6 Pointer
Re: House built right on our border.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2007, 07:52:29 AM »
Bummer, in Montana when you find a place that has treated you pretty well for a few years it get logged off. Not that I am against logging by any means but it seems like they log just where I always hunted. So I kinda relate to that, at least logging improves it after a few years. To bad man.

Offline BoneHead

• 8 Pointer
  • What a BoneHead!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2007, 08:30:28 AM »
Last year the property next to ours was sold and divided into lots. Well the lot on the highest ground was cleared for a view of the local pond. Well this guy didn't have the view he wanted so he decided to cut through the property line and cut about 20 or 30 of our trees.  >:( Nice big hemlocks too.
Lets just say he payed dearly for his intrusion.

Offline tughillmcd

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2007, 08:30:51 AM »
May not be an too big of an issue as long as they aren't anti's. You may still be able to hunt right up to the border as long as they don't mind you shooting within 500' of the house. Might be time to go meet the new neighbors. (Don't forget to bring along a sucking up I mean house warming present.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2007, 09:47:36 AM »
Were going to plant several rows of pine trees and a row of fast growing poplars along that field next year.  I am not worried about him being an anti hunter. I'm more worried about him being a hunter who does not respect posted signs. We have a lot of those around us.  >:(
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Big_Buck_Hunter

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2007, 12:22:12 PM »
A few years ago, the 600+ acres I grew up hunting was divided and sold in about 15 parcels.  Talk about a bummer....but then most who bought have come to realize it's not the "paradise" they thought and no longer even visit their property.  Luckily, the few we've contacted have said "I don't mind if you walk through the land".   I've never walked more slowly and in such a wandering pattern in my life lately  ::) ;D

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2007, 02:12:33 PM »
adk dont worry sometimes that works out for the better! We only have 10 acres which is part of a 15 acre parsel. Somebody bought the 5 and built a house as well. It turns out the deer avoid the house more and funnel into the woods. The guy will be chasing deer from his house once they start eating his plants. My neighbor also started doing a little food plotting. He is also a great source of info for deer movement and bear watching. he is a real wierdo though

"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." -Aldo Leopold

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »
Were going to plant several rows of pine trees and a row of fast growing poplars along that field next year.  I am not worried about him being an anti hunter. I'm more worried about him being a hunter who does not respect posted signs. We have a lot of those around us.  >:(

i would suggest getting to know the guy and letting him hunt with you and he will probably be just the oppiste and check up on your property and call you if anyboy is trespasing or if there is any funny bussness.
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline molsonport

• Nubbie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2007, 07:25:17 PM »
sounds like you should have bought the 5 acres!!  where would you have liked him to build on his property.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2007, 05:19:31 PM »
sounds like you should have bought the 5 acres!!  where would you have liked him to build on his property.

The 5 acres sold for $249,000. No way we could have bought that.

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2007, 05:45:40 PM »
The 5 acres sold for $249,000. No way we could have bought that.

what the hell kind of land was it!?! 5 acres around here goes for about 20,000
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." -Aldo Leopold

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2007, 07:26:56 PM »
what the hell kind of land was it!?! 5 acres around here goes for about 20,000

5 acres with a pond, close to metropolis and highway. There is 200 acres on our western border for sale for 2.5 million.  :P

Offline MZukovsky

• Spiked
« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2007, 04:18:38 PM »
I live in the middle of nowhere and bought a little over 30 acres for $20,000. I can't imagine paying $4000 or $5000 dollars an acre.

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #13 on: Oct 09, 2007, 06:12:11 PM »
5 acres with a pond, close to metropolis and highway. There is 200 acres on our western border for sale for 2.5 million.  :P

Sounds like you could be a millionare if you sold the farm....... :o :'(

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2007, 06:53:58 AM »
Sounds like you could be a millionare if you sold the farm....... :o :'(

My family got a letter from a developer 4 years ago wanting to know how much we would sell the land for. My dad wrote 1 million dollars and sent it back to him. Never heard from the developer again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal