Author Topic: Scumbags who give hunters a bad name  (Read 6652 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Scumbags who give hunters a bad name
« on: Nov 30, 2006, 08:27:26 AM »
Two guys were just arrested in my county for shooting a button buck that was standing a some lady's drvieway. They were charged with discharging a fire arm within 500 feet of a dwelling, shooting a deer with out a deer management permit, and felony fire arms because the one guy was a convicted felon and was not supposed to have a firearm. This is what gives hunters a bad name and what drives me nuts about most other hunters in my county.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline brett

• Spiked
Re: Scumbags who give hunters a bad name
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2007, 07:22:25 PM »
I hate people that are like that and then everyone against hunting uses these kind of people and make it sound like every single hunter is like that...

It makes you wonder how people can be so dumb.  People like that should be put in prison.

Man, that just makes me so mad!
I love to hunt!

Offline slt

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2007, 08:21:15 PM »
Several years ago I worked as a police officer in a small town in the mountains of Maine. I got a very detailed call about a guy that stopped on the highway and shot a fork horn  standing next to the road on the game reserve. In Maine it's illegal to shoot from or across a paved way and of course there is NO hunting on a game reserve. The funny part is the reporting party had a great description of the guy, make color and description of his truck and even his address and phone number. I asked if they knew the guy and the said they didn't. It turns out the guy ( and he was caught , charged and successfully prosecuted on a number of charges) was a plummer and the his name and phone number were prominently displayed in 5 inch letters on BOTH sided of his truck......easiest catch ever
Fight crime. Shoot back!

Offline tughillmcd

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2007, 06:14:54 AM »
This is what gives hunters a bad name and what drives me nuts about most other hunters in my county.
Most! I bet that is not a fair statement. There are morons everywhere, but you imply that most hunters in your county are just like that, so if that is the case then the hunters in your county deserve a bad name. I bet there are many sportsmen and women in your county that would not appreciate being lumped in to this category by a fellow sportsmen.

BTW these two aren't hunters, they are poachers. Shooting and animal without a license is poaching.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2007, 07:38:29 AM »
Most! I bet that is not a fair statement. There are morons everywhere, but you imply that most hunters in your county are just like that, so if that is the case then the hunters in your county deserve a bad name. I bet there are many sportsmen and women in your county that would not appreciate being lumped in to this category by a fellow sportsmen.

BTW these two aren't hunters, they are poachers. Shooting and animal without a license is poaching.

Most of the hunters in my area are morons. Case in point, one of our high schoolers just got arrested for spotlighting and shooting a deer out a window of his truck.

Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline iceplank

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2007, 07:56:40 AM »
Essex county where my inlaws live and where i was excited to pursue north country bucks for the fiirst time became a "downer" because of the lack of daylight activity i was seeing. come to find out that road hunting, night hunting and baiting for whitetail and bears is a tolerated and in many ways accepted part of the culture for a portion of the residents. It is a learned behavior and generally a family tradition. I realize the economy up there sucks  but  with an 8 week fire arms season there are plenty of legal opportunities.!!! A lot of people are ignorant about effective ways to hunt and sometimes they become an inconvienence for some of us. that is just a part of living in such a populated state. Others who do what ever they plesase with nom regards to game management laws are SCUMBAGS >:(

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2007, 06:39:05 PM »
 I hate it when you are miles from the road and you find empty beverage containers and wrappers from someones lunch

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2007, 06:40:08 AM »
Six idiots from my county just lost their hunting privleges in 24 states for poaching game in Colorado.

Offline fish_finder

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2007, 07:06:51 AM »
 I hate when you are quietly walking a logging road early in the morning and then some guy up  in a truck with the gun in the front seat and a coffee and asks " See anything", then proceeds to drive the rest of the logging road at about 20kmph tryin to spot a deer that will be dumb enough to step out on the road for a shot
It flies it dies

Offline deerman

• 6 Pointer
  • ya get what ya need
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 09:03:15 AM »
yeah road-hunters really piss u off 2
Every man dies, but not every man lives.

Offline Hunta

• 6 Pointer
  • The one that didn't get away. 10pt 209lbs.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2009, 02:19:21 PM »

My explanation, many people in the world drive, but only a few drink and drive. So if we had the same mentality as anti hunters, all drivers would be considered drunks.
Bring on expanded season 2011

Offline Mainehazmt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Jul 18, 2009, 07:27:32 AM »
I hate when you are quietly walking a logging road early in the morning and then some guy up  in a truck with the gun in the front seat and a coffee and asks " See anything", then proceeds to drive the rest of the logging road at about 20kmph tryin to spot a deer that will be dumb enough to step out on the road for a shot
Thats called heater hunting up here! :)

Offline larz

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Aug 28, 2009, 11:15:36 AM »
we in ny we have a wonderful treat for such folks robo deer radio controlled by wardens video taping and watching with glasses and bingo your busted.!!

Offline Madpuppy

• 6 Pointer
  • SAPA SUMANITU TAKA
« Reply #13 on: Aug 28, 2009, 12:38:11 PM »
It's not hunting but in the same line, We just had a couple morons here in Nebraska that got busted running hoop nets on the Missouri for big Yellowcats. They were dumb enough to set thier nets in a backwater that is off limit to boats and in view from the Blair bridge! Feds got pics and video of the boneheads, they confiscated their boat, trailer, nets and TRUCK. A little jail time also I would imagine. Guess they won't be fishing for a while.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM, THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Aug 29, 2009, 12:35:55 AM »
we in ny we have a wonderful treat for such folks robo deer radio controlled by wardens video taping and watching with glasses and bingo your busted.!!
i know a guy who has one of those actually its pretty cool...hes got lots of $$ and just has it for the heck of it  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal