Author Topic: When did it all begin?  (Read 57683 times)

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
Re: When did it all begin?
« Reply #120 on: Aug 27, 2012, 08:43:25 PM »
Lost my glasses and cant find the key's ::)
Lmao......good memories Chris......glad you and your dad get to hunt together  8)

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #121 on: Aug 28, 2012, 05:56:16 PM »

Great post's guys ....  ;D
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #122 on: Sep 07, 2012, 10:45:34 AM »
this is a great thread! Hunting doesnt really run in my family I mean I have great uncles that hunt but never really see them or talk to them about it. I took the hunters safety course the summer before my sophmore yr in college and hunted that fall. I only hunted deer with a single shot shot gun for the first 3 yrs then I met a good buddy and he got me more into scouting, hunting in tree stands, secent control, and other aspects of hunting like waterfowl. He took me duck/goose hunting one morning while we were up at school and I got my first kill, it was a canadian goose I still can see the flame barking out of the end of the barrel. That is when I really became a hunter and things changed. That summer I took the bow safety course and I have been hunting archery for about 3-4yrs now. I owe a lot of what I know about hunting and fishing to him.
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #123 on: Sep 07, 2012, 06:37:05 PM »
Don't mention it 8) ::) :P
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #124 on: Sep 07, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
Oh dear......No wonder he has a name like cold steel Squirrel wolf.......and is so confused. :P :P
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #125 on: Sep 07, 2012, 07:45:12 PM »
LOL, I am just kidding, we all know if he was my prodigy his hands would be bloodied a long time ago 8)

I did show him a bit of the art of coldwater specie fishing though ;D

Offline Stinginglips

• 6 Pointer
  • I love a nice rack
« Reply #126 on: Sep 07, 2012, 08:15:49 PM »
no clue how I didn't notice this thread. Nice pictures everyone, I love seeing the older/vintage photos. I got started fishing around 2-3. I remember the good ol zebco reel. throwing worms on bobbers all day waiting for it to go under. catching a sunfish then was like catching a tuna now. I remember when I was around the same age my dad used to bring me out in the woods with him and sit me on a tree. he would say look for deer to come running through in about 10 minutes. he pushed deer by me just so I would want to hunt with him when I got older. the only deer I actually remember seeing from being so young was a monster buck (who knows could have been a spike) but at the time it was a stud. around 5 my dad started to come get me everytime that he shot a deer that was local. He would have me try to track it following the blood trail even though he had found it earlier. I would still go help him do that to this day. I was finally able to hunt when I turned 10 in 2001. I couldn't wait. I didn't have a bow yet so it was only gun for me. I did go sit in stands during archery and took pictures of the deer I saw with my moms camera. my dad was pissed when one day I came back with a picture of a nice 8 that he could have shot if he went to that stand instead of another. I got my first deer in 2001, remember like it was yesterday. I was sitting at a tree with my grandfather whom I spent a lot of hours in the woods with until his death of 2009. my dad did a drive to us and I shot a 107 pound 4 pointer. from then on out it has been an addiction every year. I have been successful every year since except for the year my football team when deep in the playoffs and I only spent 3 days in the woods.

Here is a picture of my first deer at age 10

Here is me and the old man at age 11, my 188 pound 8 pointer

As im sure most of you guys and your family is the same way, hunting is a huge part of mine. at my grandfathers house there is a wall in the basement with every deer that every one of his kids, and his grandkids have shot. we kept the tradition going after he died and the wall is pretty full. wish I had a picture of the entire wall but here is a sample, someday I will count them all and take a picture.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #127 on: Sep 07, 2012, 08:19:48 PM »
Nice post bud 8)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #128 on: Sep 07, 2012, 08:20:51 PM »
Very nice!! Some good deer there!!

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #129 on: Sep 07, 2012, 09:44:15 PM »
Glad to see you keep the tradition alive......nice history there  8)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #130 on: Sep 08, 2012, 05:41:50 AM »
LOVE the wall!
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #131 on: Sep 08, 2012, 07:53:56 AM »
Glad to see I made the wall a few time's ......Good stuff TJ. 8)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #132 on: Sep 08, 2012, 08:21:42 AM »
Just looked back at my original post, and can't believe I forgot something....  Largest influence on my outdoor time is my uncle.  He also found the shanty, which lead me to find MFF and MHF as well.  That's him ~60 years ago in my avatar.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #133 on: Sep 10, 2012, 07:18:13 AM »
LOL, I am just kidding, we all know if he was my prodigy his hands would be bloodied a long time ago 8)

I did show him a bit of the art of coldwater specie fishing though ;D

haha this is a true story you have shown me the light when it comes to trout and salmon, where the heck have you been as far as my deer hunting   :o
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #134 on: Sep 10, 2012, 03:13:47 PM »
I deer hunt alone! 8). Cept when I am with Stinginglips ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal