Hunting by Game/Technique > Small Game
Airguns for small game
(1/5) > >>
viper75:
Just wondered if anyone in here uses airguns.have taken my first rabbit with mine a crosman quest 1000 fps.
Corporal Punishment:
I have owned tons of airguns in my lifetime.I basicaly use them for plinking birds or skunks in the garbage.Never realy used them for smallgame before,but have shot squirrels,rabbits and woodchucks with mine.

I have bought the break barrel ones and were not satisfied with some of them.They kick as much or more than a 22 rimfire.And there scope mounts can not hold up if you buy a gun with cheap scope mountings.You need one that is tapped and drilled to take a scope,you live and learn.

Thank god for Walmart because you can always take them back... ;D

flagnut:
I want to start hunting with a airgun but all of mine are not worth going hunting with :'( :'(
sunfishkid:
flagnut i know your pain  :'( :'(
MasterAngler:
I carried a crossman handgun, pump style, .22 cal, in my backpack for grouse when moose hunting.  It worked good at 10 yrds and less, I got several that year with it.  It was perfect for the situation since it didn't make any noise but I could still shoot grouse if I was close enough.  Definately not my first choice of weapon, but had its place given the circumstances.

--- Quote from: Corporal Punishment on Dec 22, 2006, 05:40:05 PM ---I have owned tons of airguns in my lifetime.I basicaly use them for plinking birds or skunks in the garbage.Never realy used them for smallgame before,but have shot squirrels,rabbits and woodchucks with mine.
--- End quote ---
   Never really used them for small game?   ;D  Sure sounds like it to me.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version