MyHuntingForum Main > General Hunting Discussion

When Do You Start?

(1/21) > >>

CAPTJJ:
Looking forward to spending a lot of time in the woods this Fall. NY Northern Zone Bear starts 9/18 and early archery for deer is 9/27.

hesseltine32:
We open this Friday  8)

Raquettedacker:
Im not ready yet.. 
I have a couple cams out and moved two ladder stands...
 Still have 2 ground blinds to set up.. 
I still have some fishing to catch up on... ;)

CAPTJJ:
Don't use cams very much but with 2 of them working right finally and batteries still good from FL, decided to put them out on the mountain just up the road, did it just before the storms hit to wash away any scent. Plan to concentrate my hunting there for deer after seeing some nice ones the past few years, and not as many hunters in the area. Got them set in 2 nice spots with acorns already dropping. Had a young buck get up and run off pretty close to the road at the first place, then a fawn further up. Second place had some bear sign, garbage spread out behind the houses, likely same one that has been around and went by my house one night.

CAPTJJ:
Saw this young buck late season while stillhunting, knew I had pics as he was near the cam. A yearling 8 pointer, good genes and should be nice if still around.

This buck showed up at last light near the end of last season, maybe my last hunt, walked under me in the fading light. Finally got his pic in January.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version