Author Topic: You've GOT TO SEE THIS!!!  (Read 1632 times)

Offline gammyhunter3

• Fawn
You've GOT TO SEE THIS!!!
« on: Mar 06, 2006, 04:26:05 PM »
I'm a novice bowhunter that has recently become much more interested and driven to actively hunt in our state for deer that are pressured and seemingly get smarter by the minute. I mean mature bucks in Michigan on State and Private land can pattern hunters as easily as we can pattern them. Thats why the mature bucks are nocturnal by the middle of October. Anyways I just bought two instructional DVD's on ebay by John Eberhart in his new Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails instructional series. THEY ARE AWESOME. I learned more in an hour about what i've been doing wrong or not doing at all then I have in six or seven years of hunting with my dad and watching hunting shows. These DVD's go into great depth on finding and interpreting deer sign and how to scout, setup and hunt locations where multiple deer sign converge. I can't wait until the snow melts so I can get out and do some post season scouting. I'm also well into preparing for next bow season by finding more hunting locations to scout and hunt. Anyone that is a serious Bowhunter should see these DVDs.

What do you think about hunting pressure in your state?

I would be curious to see what others think about hunting pressure and the difficulty and challenge invovlved in bowhunting pressured whitetails in your area!

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: You've GOT TO SEE THIS!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2006, 05:27:24 PM »
interesting? never put much thought to whitetails being pressured by bowhunters?
i know they get pretty wise as soon as they hear a gun.

Offline the wizard

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2006, 08:22:11 PM »
I've noticed the deer in our area start wising up before bow season, when the weekend warriors come out to there camps and start spot lighting all night long.         Its not uncommon to be on a high road and see a half dozen lights going at once in all directions.
      >>>>--------> 2014 Venison Villans

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2006, 06:28:16 AM »
I've noticed more pressure on the deer during bow season. This is because their are a lot more hunters hunting around our farm and instead of sitting in stands all day, they walk all day long, especially along our border, and I've even caught them sneaking onto our land.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline kenman

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2006, 11:07:06 AM »
Very lightly pressured during the bow season here in NH.  I have yet to have one look up and bust me and then get away to tell their friends about the camo-blob in the trees. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal