Author Topic: Yougsters first gun?  (Read 5100 times)

Offline Wkules

• Forked
  • Always be sure of your target!
Re: Yougsters first gun?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 27, 2005, 09:43:44 PM »
Picked it up today! Thanks MM it seems like it will fit him perfectly. I will not know for sure as he will not get it till his birthday on Sunday. I'll be taking him to the target range as soon as he opens it, so I'll let you know how we make out.
Nothing better than dawn in the field!

Offline millermankt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Oct 27, 2005, 10:17:07 PM »
That is too funny ! Believe it or not my son's b-day is Nov. 13th. 2 weeks from your son's. I hope he loves the gun and you guys have a ton of memories together !!!!!!  Where are you from . I'm in WNY..No. Tonawanda area. We might just have to hook up someday and let our boys do some harvesting. Good luck again !!!!!

Offline Wkules

• Forked
« Reply #17 on: Oct 28, 2005, 09:02:24 AM »
I live in Buffalo, but my family has land near Frewsburg, and my wife's family has land in Humphrey and Sheldon. I am sure that would be a great time. I will not take him with any other hunters this year though, I want to be sure he is comfortable with the sport and is acting totally responsible with his new weapon. My youngster is a great guy but has a tendency to llet his mind wander. I think a few reprimands while in the field will be necessary and I don't want to embarass him in front of anyone. He does really well at the target range but I want to watch him in the field awhile. The fewer distractions the better for now.
I am sure we'll still be in touch through the site and hopefully we can hook up next season, hmmmmm....spring turkey????
Thanks again for all of your help!
Wayne

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #18 on: Oct 28, 2005, 10:07:41 AM »
Picked it up today! Thanks MM it seems like it will fit him perfectly. I will not know for sure as he will not get it till his birthday on Sunday. I'll be taking him to the target range as soon as he opens it, so I'll let you know how we make out.

im shure hel love his new gun. good luck
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline millermankt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Oct 30, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »
Hope it all works out. I'm sure it will. Tell your son good luck with new gun and it sounds like he has a wonderful dad that's going to teach him the skills and respect that come along w/ it. We need more dads like you around here. Be proud of yourself !!!!! Good luck and take care....Keith
By the way..tell your son happy birthday !!!! It is today right.

Offline Wkules

• Forked
« Reply #20 on: Oct 31, 2005, 06:27:08 PM »
Thanks Keith,
From both my son and myself. He absolutely loves his new gun and it fits him like it was made for him! I didn't get the chance to get him on the range yesterday. He is chomping at the bit to get out there. Upon seeing the look in his eyes when opened the case, I am even more enthused about getting him out there.
Of course there's always the chance that when the time comes, he won't be able to kill. I guess if that ends up being the case I'll have to switch him to a camera as he loves the outdoors and messes around with a cheap camera now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal