Author Topic: Your favorite Hunting Boots  (Read 12976 times)

Offline dcfergie36

• Nubbie
  • why work when you can hunt
Re: Your favorite Hunting Boots
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2007, 06:12:09 PM »
I just bought the new scent blocker boots unbeliveable comfort and 100% waterproof and light they were around $150.00

Offline snelly

• Spiked
« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2007, 10:04:32 AM »
I use cabales brand rubber lightweight camo and when it gets colder a have a pair of rangers all rubber w/thinsulate liner. $60. I even wear them ice fishing for the price the best boots I ever owned. they have everything I want in a boot dry, warm, comfortable and cheap

Offline fish_finder

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Oct 14, 2007, 09:02:57 PM »
Pair of irish setters, big game trackers i think they are called...best boot ive worn ive had them for 3 years now and put them through a lot of abuse both fishing, icefishing  and hunting, they are still leak proof and are incrdeibly comfortable and warm
It flies it dies

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Oct 16, 2007, 12:59:18 PM »
I went to Walmart yesterday to check out there Rubber Boots and seen a 1200 gram thinsulate for around $60.

go with the majority, you cant beat the lacrosse, i have had other rubbers in the past, almost all were a bad fit around the ankles, the lacrosse rubbers fit like a glove, and are comfortable to sit in a stand all day or spot and stalk, obviosly completly waterproof, just dont make the mistake i did, i am almost 100% spot and stalk and am walking all day, 1200gr. is way overkill and sweat the hell out of your feet for my style.

dont go for the "less expensive" boots when your going to be in them 12-15 hours a day.

Offline usmarine2001

• Nubbie
« Reply #19 on: Nov 18, 2007, 04:13:48 AM »
I picked up a pair of rocky's from basspro with 800 gram thins for 60 bucks and I think they will be the last pair i will buy for a long time. Light enough for bowseason and warm enough for rifle season and ice fishing, and their gortex as well

Offline roscoe

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2007, 02:26:31 PM »
I've used Rockys for a few yrs now and haven't had any problems with them.Hunting(walking or sitting)Ice fishing sll winter no problems.Warm and waterproof!

Offline luckyduck22

• Forked
« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2007, 07:39:31 PM »
rockys or rubber lacrosse boots are the best

Offline Jack Magnum

• Nubbie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 03, 2007, 05:02:12 AM »
Has anybody tried Muck boots ? I know a couple guys that have them and swear by them.

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Dec 03, 2007, 07:54:39 AM »
I bet if they're swearing by 'em, they're not calling 'em "muckj" boots!!!

:o

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Dec 03, 2007, 07:55:33 AM »
I swear by LaCrosse.
I use 2 pairs of LaCrosse. I have a pair of  600 gram insulated leather/rubber for early season & this time of year I switch to the Buckmasters 1000 gram insulated. The Buckmasters are a little heavy but my feet dont get cold in them and my feet get cold really easy. I just bought a pair of of 1200 gram LaCrosse for for my father in-law that only weigh 3.5 lbs. If they work out good I'll be buying a pair of those.

Offline Inwellb4light

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Dec 03, 2007, 08:34:57 AM »
I picked up the scent blocker dream season boots this year and was very impressed with them for bow season.  I didnt have the courage to wear them during the later stages of the season though.  They are incredibly light weight and comfortable but i sit all day during bow season early november and didnt want to risk wasting a good days hunt because of cold feet when i have  apair of Lacrosse Alpha burlys at home.  I used to buy the cheap 1000 gram field and stream rubber boots from dicks every fall.  Id get them around labor day and by the end of the rut or the first week of gun season they would be cracked or ripped.  Now the way i figure it, i did this for three years, buying a new pair every year with the same ripped and cracked results.  The boots at dicks were 69$ if i remember correctly, so lets call it $75 per year for three years making it a grand total of 225$ over the three years. This is the end of my third season on my alpha burlys and they show no signs of wear or stress whatsoever.  Moral of this story...Buy cheap pay twice.  Go with the Lacrosse alpha ya cant go wrong.
"You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life"  - Fred Bear

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Dec 03, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »
I bet if they're swearing by 'em, they're not calling 'em "muck" boots!!!

:o

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #27 on: Dec 04, 2007, 04:12:54 PM »
I went to Walmart yesterday to check out there Rubber Boots and seen a 1200 gram thinsulate for around $60.Not a bad deal but man they were they heavy,im not sure if liked that.I am a walker not a sitter and I definitely don't want to be dogged down wearing them. :-\

If you don't sit in a treestand or hunting blind I would not get anything with more Thinsilate than 600 grams.  Your feet will roast and as you mentioned the extra weight will be a pain.

Does anyone know if Bass Pro still have the Redhead 1000 gram boots?  Those were the best boots I have ever worn.  They were comfortable, warm and most important....EASY TP GET OFF!!   ;D  I had one pair last me 3 seasons.

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Dec 04, 2007, 05:44:07 PM »
Are you taking about the redhead bone drys if you are they still have them i love um

Offline deerme117

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Dec 04, 2007, 08:50:16 PM »
Rocky Snow Stalkers, they are great for deer stand hunting, and ice fishing. I have had mine for 7 years now, and they are still in great shape.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal