Author Topic: My Season So Far  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Lundin-loading

• Spiked
My Season So Far
« on: Nov 13, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »
Aside from SRA's epic posts, the Montana section is seriously lacking in the picture department. So, i figured i would contribute some of my pictures from this season, which has been my best so far.

Opening weekend i ended up filling one of my whitetail doe tags. Clean headshot at 75 yards and she yielded 47lbs of boned out venison ready to be made into smokies. Only pic i took was on the meat pole

I drew my first choice cow tag and a mulie buck tag for the same district, and had seen a cow and a raghorn first week so i was spending every spare moment in the area. About 20 minutes left of light after putting in way too many miles looking for elk, i come across this guy chasing some does around without a care in the world. I had time to lay down, crank up my scope, put it on his barrel of a neck and boom, happy birthday to me!! He yielded another 71 pounds of boned out venison ready be made into smokies.

My buddy got into some elk the night before and put to bed several cows, called me up and in we went the following morning. Hike to the top of the hill, and boom meat in the pot, barely into the day. Only pic i took was of it quartered up and loaded in the sled.

And just for kicks, since it got colder than a witches titty i decided to go find some ducks tonight...the cold did not disappoint...

Now, to everyone else...POST SOME PICTURES!!!!

Offline sra61

• Spiked
Re: My Season So Far
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2014, 08:26:27 PM »
Nice Muley Buck! Congrats on a full freezer! To me that's what living in Montana is all about.

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2014, 09:20:43 PM »
Hell yes congrads !!!
Nice pict.s  Im working on the pic. thing got photobucket set up just trying to post to site.
downed a 5 pt. Wt and my friend from florida put a 5 pt.   muley down and a 5 pt elk in four days . Great season so far.

Mt.Perchman
LIVING THE DREAM IN BIG SKY MONTANA !!!

Offline Lundin-loading

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2014, 09:48:51 PM »
Thanks much, i smile everytime I open my freezer :) The best is yet to come, headed to the flathead for the holiday week and gonna spend some time in my old stomping grounds trying to get the wife a buck. I really hope she gets to pull the trigger, if she does I'll just butcher it and give it to my sister, cause I'm out of room!!!

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2014, 08:57:41 AM »
Now thats a good feeling to have !!!
My best friend got back to Florida they bought a freezer.. he sends me a picture of it empty...then his meat arrives and i get the next picture ..its full.
He was so happy to fly out and  hunt in Montana and tag out !!! His family will have some good eating !!!
Good luck up there this weekend.

I was wondering how the duck hunting was going for you this year...i can see now its great.

Mt.Perchman
LIVING THE DREAM IN BIG SKY MONTANA !!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2014, 10:12:07 AM »
Why have you been holding back? I bet you have more pictures than that...    ::) ::) ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal