Hunting by Game/Technique > Predator Calling

Coyotes at Night

<< < (2/8) > >>

PA_BOWHUNTER:
Yeah, I've called in a number of coyotes while turkey hunting.  One of their favorite foods.  I've noticed when the coyotes move in thick the turkeys will hang in fields and barnyards much closer to people than normal.  I don't know if this is coincidence or the turkeys feel the more populated areas to be safe havens from the hungry yotes.  Either way, this is all good advice.  Thanks Zach, I'm really hoping to up my coyote take this season.  The only ones I've killed have been random while hunting other species.  My hunting party takes a good number each year with dogs but I have yet to kill one myself that way.

bear baiter:
has anyone ever shot coyotes over bait in the winter i am going to try it this winter if every thing goes good

PA_BOWHUNTER:

--- Quote from: bear baiter on Sep 15, 2004, 05:00:47 PM ---has anyone ever shot coyotes over bait in the winter i am going to try it this winter if every thing goes good

--- End quote ---

No ;) but they will hit it regularly and it is a great place to start a track if you are hunting with dogs. ;)  So I've heard. ;D

MARK G:
THIS IS SOME THING I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO GET INTO.
ANY INFO ON HOW TO GET STARTED (CALLS, GUNS, LIGHTS, SETUPS) WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICATED
I LIVE AND HUNT IN THE LAKE PLAINS AREA OF WESTERN NY.
MARK G

The Smokestick Kid:
bear baiter- Yes, I have hunted over bait. A neighbor works at a slaughter house, and he'll bring me a huge garbage can full of pig guts and blood. The fresher, the better.

Mark G- Send me a PM and I'll give you some info. I can't right now, because I'm on my way to work.

-Zach

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version