Author Topic: No more screwing around.........  (Read 2515 times)

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
No more screwing around.........
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:02:22 AM »
SItting on the comp before 6am in the morning dresses in camo only means 1 thing!! My season is finally here, and I am more than ready to go lay the smack down on my 2010 gobbler!!!  Heading to the same farm dad killed his bird last weekend, got 6 other toms scouted out in there, gonna see if I cant make it happen this morning....  Gonna be picky again, some real big birds around, a couple with the potential of beating my biggest bird to date..........  Wish me luck fellars, i'll drop in later on and let ya know how it goes........  Gonna go get a start on foodplots later also, gonna get the corn field planted today, then keep hunting.
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: No more screwing around.........
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:22:01 AM »
Best of luck to you WTM. Pouring with t-storms here today,we lasted an hour and the rain on the umbrella was all I could hear. Well thunder too,Mom didn't think leaning against a big pine tree was the best idea. ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 05:51:04 AM »
Good luck WTM.
I headed out this morning to thunder rolling. Came back in the house, I've tried before, thunder seems to just shut them down.

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 01:12:45 PM »
Well I didnt really want to be done right away opening morning but at 8:30 AM I had worked 1 jake, 1 tom, and 3 hens into 30 yrds... The Tom was pretty nice, and I decided to take him, not the biggest bird in the woods, but it worked out great! Beautiful morning also! Had 6 toms and 3-4 jakes gobbling like SOBS off the roost this morning, then found these birds in the next field over, they would gobble at our calls, but wouldnt move, so we both popped in mouth calls and got really agressive with them. The Tom and jake came on a string right to us!  Text book hunt, gobbling and strutting right in our faces, couldnt have gone much better!!!  Pics are coming in a little bit.
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 05:40:13 PM »
Good job WTM. Hey they all aren't contest winners, but they all eat very well!!

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 06:01:55 AM »
It was a sweet hunt! Like I said, didnt really want to be finished this early, wish michigan would instate a 2 turkeys a season rule..........  Maybe next year if we're lucky.  Still get to spend some time in the woods helping others tho! That will be fun!!!  Got a newbie coming along Friday morning who has NEVER been in the turkey woods before, and is extremely excited for his 1st ever turkey hunt. I've got some spots lined up for em that havent been touched yet this year, hopefully can have him tagged out friday morning.  I think my sister also wants to hop on the turkey band wagon!!!!  Only thing im worried about is everytime I get her into a new hunting sport, her 1st time out she kills an animal bigger than I ever have.......... ;D ;D  Just the way I like it though, if someones gotta kill em, might as well be her!!!!!  Thanks for the comments guys, good luck to the rest of you on your season!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal