Author Topic: Gonna have to work hard!  (Read 1695 times)

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
Gonna have to work hard!
« on: Apr 17, 2010, 06:20:42 AM »
Gonna have to work my BUTT off this spring to get me a bird! 1st season opens monday here in MI, dad has that season, I dont.  WOnt be able to attend monday morning, just got a new job framing houses, working 16 hours a day, 6 days a week.  Saturday we get a shorter day so i'll be able to hunt saturday afternoons, and maybe early right after roosting time.....  I am used to being able to hunt whenever I want while I was working for dad, just couldnt get the hours that I wanted. Now I got the hours but am gonna have WAYYYY less time in the turkey woods!  O well, its all for the better I suppose!  Good luck to everyone, crunch time is about here!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Gonna have to work hard!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2010, 06:50:41 AM »
It gets tough when work gets in the way of the outdoor sports.The best way to look at it though is you will have a little extra money for new gear!!
Given your expertice in the turkey woods, I have no doubt you'll find one.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2010, 07:44:46 AM »
Sounds familar WTM, I worked fulltime for Dad on the farm for about 12 years, then the bottom fell out and he couldnt afford to pay us. Never missed any "outdoor time" because he loved it as much as I do. I was lucky to get a sweet schedule as a Paramedic  and still had time to Volunteer with dad. I missed a few opening days during that span. Now it has come full circle, I have a sweet job with a 24 hrs on,24 off,24 on and 5 days off. 4 weeks vacation plus we can swap shifts. Dad is sorta retired and I along with my brothers own the farm. So Again I get to hunt and fish alot. My grandfather always told me if you work hard and make hay when the sun is shining It will be all in the barn when Hunting season comes. So put the time in while there is work to do, As outdoor crazy as you are you'll get your tom!
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2010, 01:37:42 PM »
I also dont want anyone to think I am complaining!!  Understand how tough it is to come by work and im happy as snot that im working........  Just gonna be kind of pissy monday AM when i should be at the base of a tree.... lol.  Surely hope that I can get the time to get out with dad and help him and the other's that I promised some hunting time too........ SHould be able to get my bird yet, just will miss the time spent with the other's that I enjoy taking hunting also.......  Stupid work, why cant we all just not work, make no money, and still live comfortably???  You are right tho!!!!!!  This money will be leasing me a few hundred acres in Illinoise for bow season this fall!!  There is one good thing about ti!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal