Author Topic: Another down for the count.......  (Read 2009 times)

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
Another down for the count.......
« on: May 02, 2009, 12:29:40 PM »
SPotted this bird on one of my permission farms this morning while scouting birds for my video hunt monday morning.  My bud's little brother sitll had a 1st season tag so we grabbed him and went after the bird.  Pulled off a REALLY impressive spot and stalk on this bird!! Bird was on the east side of a little strip of trees about 200 yrds away from the roost woods. He was struttin to 4 hens. Instead of trying to call we put a sneak on em.  He was on the east side of that strip of trees. and on the west side of the trees was a BIG burn pile with LOTS of piled up wood. We got that pile inbtwn us and the tom and off we went through the cornfield to the big burn pile. GOt 100 yrds from the burn pile and a hen busts us.  We got up and hurried the rest of the 100 yrds to the burn pile to find the tom still strutting on the east side of it.  Sat and watched em strut to the hens and try to breed one of the hens for about 15 minutes, pretty cool show to watch! Got his little bro in position and th ebirds finally started working toward the north.  I told his bro to tell me when the tom was in the open and id get his headup.  I got the go ahead, clucked 2 times, bird stuck his head up and we told em to "Kill Em."  the 12 guage benelli semi auto sounded off and we had a dead bird! Kids first ever turkey, what an awesome hunt! This is the 5th bird in 4 years that this farm has yeilded us. Its one of my best farms and has a LOT of birds on it!

Bird ended up with a 9 inch bear, 3/4 inch spurs, and 23 lbs.  Whole hunt took less than 45 minutes! I love when that happens!
brothers
him with his bird.
the 3 of us back at my house. Me on the far right of the screen.

My season opens monday and boy am i excited!! Got 1 blind set up this mornin with 2 more waiting to go in.  Looks pretty promising!! I cant wait to try and stick an arrow through a big ol MI tom turkey with the bowtech!! Good luck guys!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

upstatehunter

Re: Another down for the count.......
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 05:49:40 PM »
Way to get creative boys. You may look into a guiding career young man.

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 08:34:16 PM »
Being a guide has been my biggest dream ever since childhood.  I do this stuff year around already, might as well do it and make a living at it......  I love guiding hunts and helping others get what they're looking for whether its deer, turkeys, duck, geese, anything.  Even fishing, its all a blast.  It makes it that much more exciting when you get to see the pure enjoyment on someone else's face b/c of something you helped them accomplish.    I just need to find a way to get into a guiding service is the problem.........  thanks for the comment upstate!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:58:41 PM »
I am speechless are you guys leaving any birds alive in Michigan ;D. Congrats on yet another successful guided turkey hunt Whitetail Madness.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal