Author Topic: Ahhh sweet revenge!!!!!  (Read 2213 times)

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
Ahhh sweet revenge!!!!!
« on: Apr 26, 2009, 07:27:08 PM »
Finally got this guy a bird!!! After missing 3 different birds this past week we patterned his gun yesterday and it was shootin BAD! Tried some different shot in it and fixed the problem.  1st thing this mornin, called in 2 toms and 9 hens, due to misjudged yardage he took the shot and missed the bird, also missed the 2 follow ups.........  VERY discouraged now to say the least! Went to another spot to find 7-10 toms all with hens, finaly found a tom, 3 jakes and 1 hen split off from the big bunch, they were heading east and I knew RIGHT where they were going!!!!!  We got there and 10 minutes later here comes a the tom, a couple jakes and 1 hen..........  TOm came into 20 yrds and he hammered it! I didnt even see the birds coming in, i was in a depresison and couldnt see over the knoll in front of me, could just BARELY see the head of the decoy, to say the least i about SHI* my pants when the gun sounded off, jumped up and seen a turkey floppin!!!! We chased these birds for a total of 3 hrs before closing the deal.  Good deal. Game over. Tom #2 of the 09 spring season DEAD!  I got 1 week from tomorrow (monday) until i can hunt.  I AM PUMPED! Got birds all over that aint had any huntin pressure yet, things should go good for us!
9 inch beard, 1 inch spurs, 22 lbs.

me and the shooter
shooter and the other caller
  This bird had AWESOME colors! Lotsa gold in em, pic dont do him justice.

White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
Re: Ahhh sweet revenge!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2009, 08:22:50 AM »
Congrats good story and a great bird
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline deerman

• 6 Pointer
  • ya get what ya need
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2009, 08:28:07 AM »
beautiful bird ;) ;D
Every man dies, but not every man lives.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2009, 10:18:55 AM »
Congrats on a nice bird.

Offline Adam Bomb

• Forked
  • In Pursuit
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2009, 10:24:14 PM »
Nice job, presistance pays off!!!
Ya gotta kill em before ya can grill em!
Adam

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal