Author Topic: O yea!  (Read 3404 times)

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
O yea!
« on: Apr 10, 2009, 10:23:02 PM »
Went out scoutin heavily tonight.  Only got to see 2 of my permission properties and was very pleased with what i seen!!!  1 spot had 4 toms 2 of which were strutters, 6 jakes, and only 5 hens......!!!!

2nd spot was 2 strutters, a couple jakes but quite a few hens!!!

Property up north is getting worked over by turkeys well also, im taking the day off of fishing tomarrow to go check out the rest of my permission spots, results should be even better after checking a few spots tomarrow!!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline drake30

• Nubbie
  • why not?
Re: O yea!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2009, 11:16:43 PM »
 i finally got smart enough to buy the may hunt after 15 years of hunting early, w/ great success. but the turkeys change out here like u can't belive, and here is this farm w/ no hunters and toms around every may! guess where i'll be? nothing but some hens and jakes around now, but mid-may is when they show up. i guess from all the hunting pressure around this lil place.
population control is my passion!

Offline Adam Bomb

• Forked
  • In Pursuit
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2009, 08:40:48 AM »
I did somemore scouting over the weekend. All 4 outta 5 properties had good activety on them. Some real nice toms too. Looking forward to Monday mornings hunt...Now, which spot am i gonna hunt! ??? ;D
Ya gotta kill em before ya can grill em!
Adam

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2009, 01:11:03 PM »
Heard that A Bomb!!! That is the toughest thing for us to figure out.... I've got over 30 permission spots, trying to figure out where to go is HELL!!!  I keep track of all my properties on a note pad... Record numbers of hens vs jakes vs toms.  Before opening day i'll go over all my records and we'll start where there is the fewest hens.  usually kill a bird first thing opening morning. if not we'll have one dead opening day for sure!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline Adam Bomb

• Forked
  • In Pursuit
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2009, 01:49:20 PM »
I thought i was the only one that did stuff like that. :D.....Barring something crazy from happening, we'll usually have a bird or two down on the opener. I dont know though, theres those two real giants out there, maybe ill hold out for one of them...Its tough though when theyre in range and the Benelli has a bead on em! :D...Guess itll depend on my mood. :D
Adam

Offline SLED_NECK

• Forked
  • Shoot em again he's still runnin with 3 legs
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2009, 02:20:04 PM »
just say to toms in a jake in my junk yard gobblin there heads off a guy rode past on his harley and they even gobbled at him :o i have a Good feelen bout this year ;)

[IMG]

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2009, 10:45:48 PM »
U sure aint a bomb! I keep records of EVERYTHING, hunting fishing trapping, everything.  this will be my first year chasing them with a bow, so the first bearded bird close enough gets shot.

Offline devilbear

• Spiked
  • That sweet sound of a wingbone call in the moring
« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2009, 06:44:38 AM »
Got home from work this moring sat down started wacthing news, heard this rumble noise, looked out window didn't see anything... huh,back to news same sound again only louder looked out window again at end of pool tom struting and drumming..... just in side woods a jake and 2 hens.. was tring to get wife get camera but she was to fixed on turkeys , she's never seen or heard one drum. why is it not May 1st lol...... ;D  :'(
Yelp,Cut, Gobble Gobble, BANG

Offline Adam Bomb

• Forked
  • In Pursuit
« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2009, 04:01:57 PM »
U sure aint a bomb! I keep records of EVERYTHING, hunting fishing trapping, everything.  this will be my first year chasing them with a bow, so the first bearded bird close enough gets shot.

Its pretty awesome to get one with a bow. Did you check out any shot placement charts? Vitals sit back a bit farther and lower on a turkey incase you didnt know. Just above the bronze wing patch on a broadside bird should do em in. An expandable is best as itll get the vitals and quite possibly the hips. Get a hip and they dont go anywhere. Also, when you shoot your bird, be very quiet and watch it go off, dont run out after it. If you do they wont go far. You wanna chase em, cause blood trails are sparse.

Good luck with the archery equipment....Im toting Mr. Benelli this year. ;D
Adam

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2009, 09:28:51 PM »
the bow is ready man!! Center punching a softball sized squishy ball at 40 yrds........  Ya i've looked over vitals pretty good, im ready man! Get to get dad out monday, we should pile one up monday too!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal