Author Topic: 2009 TURKEY CONTEST OFFICIAL PICTURE AND STORY LOG  (Read 17644 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
2009 TURKEY CONTEST OFFICIAL PICTURE AND STORY LOG
« on: Apr 04, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »
With the help Scott the site's Administrator we now have an official Turkey contest board. Thanks Scott. Okay everyone this of course will be the official thread where we will post the pictures of our harvested birds and measurements. Along with a story of your successful hunt if you wish. Let's all have fun and be safe. Good luck everyone.

Please click on the link to NWTF website below to show you how to score your bird. It also has a scoring calulator to tally it up for you.
                                     http://www.nwtf.org/for_hunters/how_to_score.html
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2009, 08:41:41 AM by drobertsinMaryland »

Offline corny13

• 6 Pointer
Re: 2009 TURKEY CONTEST OFFICIAL PICTURE AND STORY LOG
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2009, 09:42:04 PM »
Well someone has to enter the first turkey for the contest!   I shot this bird last monday about 5 hrs south of Campeche Mexico, I left friday April 10th my buddies were going ice fishing for the last time the 11th.  Came back yesterday all the snow is gone and the ice is over here in ND.. so its only turkey hunting now.  He was shot with a Mathews 65 lb draw  at 35yds using a spitfire expandable blade.  Hopefully the contest administrators will let me upgrade.  He had NO beard, but look at the spurs( photo taken the next am before skinning the bird)His weight was 8lbs.  Anyone know the turkey subspecies?

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2009, 10:32:03 PM »
Way to start us off brotha!!! Congrats on a good lookin bird!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2009, 06:02:17 AM »
Beautiful bird corney. oscillated i think???
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline corny13

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2009, 08:57:11 AM »
Correct, they live in the Yucatan jungle of mexcio, ive been planning this hunt for about 5 years was a great trip we also got brockett deer, peccary,Currassow, and coatimudi.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2009, 10:00:26 AM »
That is a magnificent looking bird and with bow to boot. Congrats to you corny13.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2009, 10:51:40 AM »
Correct, they live in the Yucatan jungle of mexcio, ive been planning this hunt for about 5 years was a great trip we also got brockett deer, peccary,Currassow, and coatimudi.

i'm with you up to the  currassow .Does penicillin help that outher stuff?? ???
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2009, 04:29:24 PM »
Congrats great looking birds
icefishinman88 on the shanty

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2009, 05:21:58 PM »
First one outta the way good deal bro!!!
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2009, 09:18:06 PM »
nice bird sure didnt take you long to get one this season......you guys are stackin em up already and my season hasnt even started yet......im not worried though today i seen 4 huge toms struttin with 4 hens right where i plan to be opening morning one of them looked to be the contest winner i think  ;)  ;D......big thick beard probably an old bird with nice spurs

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2009, 01:24:30 PM »
nice bird sure didnt take you long to get one this season......you guys are stackin em up already and my season hasnt even started yet......
Thanks. That's how we roll Stuck-on-Seven ;D.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Apr 22, 2009, 02:51:56 PM »
ya hopefully i will be "rolling" one in another week or so.....i saw the same 4 big toms that i see everyday again today and i took a ride today and got permission for another piece of land...i will scout that in a few days

Offline deerman

• 6 Pointer
  • ya get what ya need
« Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 2009, 03:38:50 PM »
cant wait till saturday for youth i heard a few tom gobbling yeasterday at  about 3 in the afternoon right behind my house. it was because there were crows flying around making them gobble but they sounded pretty big...3 more days...
Every man dies, but not every man lives.

Offline BigRedDodge1500

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Apr 24, 2009, 08:36:17 AM »
Got a Good one this morning.  Got to my spot about 5:15  all set up by 5:30 owl hoot and a bird gobbles on the complete other side of the property. So i get my stuff together and make a b-line for the other side of the property.  When i get just about where i wanted to go 2 birds sound off about a 100 yrds away.  Did some soft purrs and clucks and they hung up in the roost and gobbled for about 30 mins.  I hear another hen clucking so i start calling more aggresively and a few minutes later i see the black puff to my right i've been looking for.  He struted around out of range for a couple mins with i purred with my mouth call until he stepped into range and i dropped him.  Bird down at 6:15 Mossberg 500A 3" Kent Diamond #5's tru glo gobble stopper choke and sights

Specs on the bird 20.8lbs 10" beard 3/4" Spurs

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #14 on: Apr 24, 2009, 12:03:33 PM »
Nice bird brotha! Use the score calculator to calculate a score so i can put ya in the #1 spot on the leader board.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal