Author Topic: 2009 My Hunting Forum Turkey Contest Rules and Regulations(Updated April 6 09)  (Read 7498 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
   The rules and regulations for the contest are as follows. The contest will start April 11 2009 and run through June 15 2009.The contest is restricted to members only and all participants must be registered by April 10 2009 at 9:00 pm. Participants are only allowed to enter 1 bird bow or gun kill. So far the two highest scoring birds will be awarded prizes(Currently working on a third place prize to be donated). Along with the measurement pics you must also have one pic with the hunter,bird and weapon harvested with. Pics of entries must be posted on the official thread by 9:00 pm on June 15 2009 to be counted. All measurements are based on the honor system and I think we all can handle that. In the event of a tie the person who's bird has the longest spurs out of the two birds wins. If the spur length is the same then the heaviest bird wins. All entries must be taken legally or it has no place on this site.

Scoring of the birds will be determined by a series of measurements. All pics of the beard(s) and spurs must have a ruler behind them clearly showing the measurements. The weight of the bird is based on the honor system. If possible please provide a pic of the bird on the scale. You will not be disqualified if you do not have a pic the the bird on a scale. Again everyone this is based on the honor system and the contest is for fun. I can understand people's concern for cheating but you nor I can prevent that. The NWTF scoring method makes this the easiest and most efficient way to run this contest. This is the site's first turkey contest so we are working out the kinks for the future. Please post all measurements along with your pics and story so your score can be double checked. Thank you for your patience everyone and let's all have fun 

1. Measurement(s) of Beard(s). One pic if there is only one beard with ruler in the background. Multiple pics if more than one beard with ruler in the background.

2. Measurement of both the right and left spurs. One pic per spur with ruler behind each spur in the pic.

To simplify scoring the birds we are going to use the National Wild Turkey Federation method of scoring. It's easy to use and can even calculate scores for you. Please click on the link below.
http://www.nwtf.org/for_hunters/how_to_score.html
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2009, 11:19:53 AM by drobertsinMaryland »

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
Re: 2009 My Hunting Forum Turkey Contest Rules and Regulations
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2009, 09:54:31 PM »
How do we register?? just by posting and saying "im in" i did that on the other thread but ill say it here again IM IN  ;D.....may everyone shoot straight

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
Re: 2009 My Hunting Forum Turkey Contest Rules and Regulations
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2009, 09:55:55 PM »
Never mind my previous question im an idiot and i didnt see the "participants thread"  :P

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
In the Event of a tie the person who's bird has the longest spurs out of the two turkeys wins.  If the spur lengths are the same then the heaviest turkey takes it. 
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
do we have to take another pic with the bird on a scale then too??

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
Scratch the weight... SOrry i screwed that up. Not everyone will have an accurate way to weigh their turkey.
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
Should we round measurement to nearest 1/4"   

Offline bwhntr

• Nubbie
Im in but could not figure out how to pm

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
5 posts bwhnt and you can send PMs.

• 30 Point Buck
Im in but could not figure out how to pm
Gotcha. Good luck

• 30 Point Buck
Bump to the top. Hope this is the last change fellas. I am tired of sending Pm's as much as you are receiving them ;D. Please if you have any questions pm me or WhiteTail Madness. Thank you for your patience once we get going this should be a blast.

Offline larz

• Forked
i want to be included in on the fun.sign me up.

• 30 Point Buck
i want to be included in on the fun.sign me up.
Gotcha. Good luck

Offline bwhntr

• Nubbie
Anyone know what we are competing for other than bragging rights?   Any extra points for a bow kill?

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
a turkey call and a deek is up for prizes as far as i know.....as for the bow kill i thought of that as well and was gonna run it by whitetail madness or drobertsinmaryland but i figured they wanted to keep the scoring as simple as possible but i think its a good idea

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal