MHF US Northeast > Hunting Maine

4 pointer

(1/3) > >>

Buckwild:
I tagged out at 3:45 on 11-10  a 4 pointer 114 lbs. It was the 3 rd Saturday hunting in the rain. At this point I had only seen one heavy doe that I walked up on feeding in a clearing at 30 yards. I didn’t have a doe tag so I just watched it until she spooked. There is not much acorns in this area so I hunted behind my buddies house near some fields. He has a chair set up in the tree line. I had done some doe bleats and with the tinks in the air it made this guy curious. I saw movement in the thick pines it stopped in between 2 trees and was looking up hill straight on. I noticed antlers so I pulled up with my 30:30 and shot it in the chest at 45 yards. It flipped up backwards and thrashed on the ground for 15 seconds and was done. I had the tenderloins tonight for supper it was awesome!

Raquettedacker:
Nice job.  Congratulations.

Lobsterman:
great glad you got one,this year isnt to good on weather makes for nice quiet walking but the woods are flooded.

SHaRPS:
Great job! My father just shot what i consider a buck of a lifetime here in Rhode Island. I will post pictures shortly

Green Mountian Hunter:
 :) missed this must have been in maine  congrads to you Wayne sorry I missed out on a free supper hehe  :) ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version